Jump to content

Surprisingly Silver September


Mbocco
 Share

Recommended Posts

A scrappy 20lb female from the WP today. 
 


I fought a gigantic male for 15min and brought him to my feet but he was too big for the net and spit the lure while I tried to net him.  The largest fish of my life.  Another fish story ....  

C068D988-8E75-4C7C-BB6A-EAE5BE6580A1.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

nice salmon mbocco. what lure were you throwing? 


Thundermist Stingeye pink/silver for mine.  

 

Many others were catching on spoons. 
 

Roe isn’t working quite yet apparently though I didn’t try. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mbocco said:


Thundermist Stingeye pink/silver for mine.  

 

Many others were catching on spoons. 
 

Roe isn’t working quite yet apparently though I didn’t try. 

It will change to a egg bite soon as the salmon start dropping eggs. Hopefully some hungry browns around this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mbocco said:

The guy beside me was just pulling them up on the rocks without a net. 

May be using 80# braid (like snaggers use)  . He may also lose fish after it's mouth is ripped apart ...

 

He should watch how the carp anglers handle their catch down there .....  

 

It's been a long time since I fished the pool ......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Darryl L said:

I have never fished the whirlpool but would love to try it out this fall when my boat goes away for the winter. Great pics . 

I suggest you go with someone that knows the pool. It can be dangerous if your not aware of the hazards. Also, prepare for a fun hike back up..LOL. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DaveC said:

I suggest you go with someone that knows the pool. It can be dangerous if your not aware of the hazards. Also, prepare for a fun hike back up..LOL. 

Absolutely.  I hear it's a good work out !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2020 at 5:14 PM, Darryl L said:

I have never fished the whirlpool but would love to try it out this fall when my boat goes away for the winter. Great pics . 

You should go Whirlpool at fall. Beside good fishing there, scenary with autumn leaves is so beautiful there. World class hiking trail through glen to whirlpool

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, iscoDisco said:

You should go Whirlpool at fall. Beside good fishing there, scenary with autumn leaves is so beautiful there. World class hiking trail through glen to whirlpool

I'm definitely hoping to, but as suggested I will find someone who knows what they're doing as I have never been down there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...