Port D pier potential closure?

fishfight

On wednesday,  I saw a partial gate still open before the parking lot, it was close off months ago during covid restricted time,

The path towards the dam has a NEW  close off gate for the  last few days.  

Sorry for the title minor confusion, the existing parking lot at port D with fishable area might probably be close off soon, the pier is still under construction and is close off. But will eventually be reopen.

On 10/3/2020 at 5:50 AM, мормышка said:

Just in time for the trout run.

I checked it out today and it looks like the trout will get a break for a while..... Heavy equipment is digging deep at the east wall ....big sail ship now on the west side  . They are pouring tons of  rocks into the water along the wall ( to shore it up ) ??  Sad to see many of my life long fishing spots disappearing .....

Rooker Rd rock fill.jpg

I walked whole port D trails and saw lots of people fishing on east side. There were 6 people fishing trespassing over the fence and 4 people fishing near fence. 4 people on the west side over the green bridge. Do I have to report to MNR for trespassing people over the fence??

2 hours ago, iscoDisco said:

I walked whole port D trails and saw lots of people fishing on east side. There were 6 people fishing trespassing over the fence and 4 people fishing near fence on the west side. 4 people on the east side over the green bridge. Do I have to report to MNR for trespassing people over the fence??

If it’s a conservation issue call MNR tip line. If it’s trespassing call the police. FYI the tip line works. I called it and the officer was there in 30 minutes and issued all fines and no warnings for using 3 and 4 rods and another for no license. 

So I haven’t been down that way in quite a while is the fishing closed off on the east side or is it still accessible for shore fishing? I am guessing the west side is still closed off for us to fish. Do I need to bring the boat?

22 minutes ago, Steve_Guelph said:

So I haven’t been down that way in quite a while is the fishing closed off on the east side or is it still accessible for shore fishing? I am guessing the west side is still closed off for us to fish. Do I need to bring the boat?

Boat is always the better choice :)

A boat may be the best option . At least you should be safe from having a hunk of lead bounce off your melon ! lol There's spots to boat fish in other areas .....but be ready for a boat invasion too ....

That small area was the last open spot to fish there , until the machines moved in . It is part of the trail from pier to pier and the road was always full of pot holes .....not good for either the walkers , cyclists or roller bladers . Maybe they will asphalt that area .....?

Archived