New swim

Tyler0420

Been fishing my usual spots this season and not doing too well. So I decided something needs to change.  Guys that have been doing well this year are prebaiting spots before they fish them.  So i decided I’m going to bait a new swim for the month of October and really only fish here. Second time baiting it and first time fishing it and the alarm is going off. Nice fight no long runs and staying down I was thinking this better not be a Cat.  11lb4oz common. Not the biggest fish but nice when something works out.  Looking forward to fishing here the rest of the month and hopefully a couple more carp will come and play. 

the big 4 pic and scale is for a tournament I’m fishing in.  

496D8C41-5C43-497E-B5D1-03F929C9B30D.jpeg

B41A36C8-35E2-4983-A32A-8DC7DB8B1511.jpeg

3A65F9AD-1355-4940-AB67-C8AF83CC1D84.jpeg

Way to go Tyler ,  nice fish and beauty spot . The awesome leaves are falling fast and the water temps are dropping ....some nice weather ahead ...+ 20 C Sunday .  Chick peas ?  How do you use them ?  What is the depth you are fishing there ?  How do you do the weighing info ? 

oh yes ...I fixed my digi scale ( continuity test ...no juice at one terminal )  ready for the big one !    :Gonefishing:

The chickpeas I put in my chum. Not sure if many guys use them as hook bait but guys use them in their chum for sure. I’m fishing in about 7-8fow.  The weighing info, we just weigh the fish in lbs/oz and scale has to be on a tripod or weigh bar for a more accurate reading then holding the scale in your hands. The scale used has to be in the picture and they can ask to have it sent in to them if they think something is “fishy”.  Biggest 4 fish wins. Some guys In the USA are posting more then 120lbs already.  I’ve yet to catch one over 20lbs and these guys are posting 4 30’s.  I might be the only Canadian fishing it. 

Thanks for that info Tyler .  The weigh scale on a tripod is a good idea . Those American carp must be well fed to be over 30 lbs .  ....hard to compete with those beasts , something like their large mouth bass in Florida as large as our carp lol.  You need to start chumming with bacon ......  😋

13 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Been fishing my usual spots this season and not doing too well. So I decided something needs to change.  Guys that have been doing well this year are prebaiting spots before they fish them.  So i decided I’m going to bait a new swim for the month of October and really only fish here. Second time baiting it and first time fishing it and the alarm is going off. Nice fight no long runs and staying down I was thinking this better not be a Cat.  11lb4oz common. Not the biggest fish but nice when something works out.  Looking forward to fishing here the rest of the month and hopefully a couple more carp will come and play. 

the big 4 pic and scale is for a tournament I’m fishing in.  

496D8C41-5C43-497E-B5D1-03F929C9B30D.jpeg

B41A36C8-35E2-4983-A32A-8DC7DB8B1511.jpeg

3A65F9AD-1355-4940-AB67-C8AF83CC1D84.jpeg

Nice Tyler! Great pictures!

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

Thanks for that info Tyler .  The weigh scale on a tripod is a good idea . Those American carp must be well fed to be over 30 lbs .  ....hard to compete with those beasts , something like their large mouth bass in Florida as large as our carp lol.  You need to start chumming with bacon ......  😋

There’s different regions, I think Canada is on its own. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 8:04 PM, Tyler0420 said:

the big 4 pic and scale is for a tournament I’m fishing

A couple epic catches from this tourney. Both state side 

beautiful fan tail and a 50lb4oz common.  Tons of 30’s being caught. The guy with the 50lber  total weight for 4 fish is just under 159lbs. 

E2AD853B-8160-4E83-B158-81D4273D3E70.jpeg

E19DF20D-EA45-42FD-9E48-1F87CA78E36C.jpeg

I just tossed my carp rod in the trash ......lol   The fan tail is a real beauty , bet it has some awesome power with those 747 fins !!  

The fan tail reminds me of  big goldfish I have seen in aquariums .

It would be interesting to know the rods,reels, line # , and bait used for those mammothians ...

....and videos posted would also be welcome ....

Good thing you're only competing against anglers in your region, Tyler( even if it is all of Canada ).  How can you beat folks who can target 50lb fish in their area!  Wow!! 

Those are great looking fish and congrats to the anglers!  Love the fantail! 

Nice....not too many places to catch 40 and 50 lbers around here for sure....I'm happy getting a 20....lol...wow.. 160lbs in 4 fish

Archived