Ontario is considering to stay on daylight saving time and not turning the clocks back Nov.1 . There are pros & cons ....even for us anglers .....

I think it has much to do with kids going to school in the dark , etc.  What do you guys / gals prefer ?

I like to keep  DST...  as a retiree......

1 hour ago, Darryl L said:

What was the original purpose to it? 

It goes back to 1908 ...supposed to save energy ....lots of pros and cons ...people losing sleep , accidents ...a real mixed bag . Here's some Q & A's on this link......ya , dark at 5 pm.sucks for anglers.....

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/daylight-saving-debate.html

The report I read   lead me to think the Ontario government is serious about the change . People need to know the pros & cons before this comes to a vote .

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-government-supports-bill-to-make-daylight-time-permanent-1.5136596

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2020 at 7:28 PM, smerchly said:

The report I read   lead me to think the Ontario government is serious about the change . People need to know the pros & cons before this comes to a vote .

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-government-supports-bill-to-make-daylight-time-permanent-1.5136596

Let people make their own personal decision to change like metric, after all these years  I still live in an Imperial measure world , all my thermometers  and measuring devices I use the F scale or feet and inches, grocery stores still advertise in price per lb. in bold type and metric in small print, gas ?? simple I just put in 40 bucks worth. Opening and closing times and appointments could be like the grocery flyers with both prices , in this case times posted . It can be just as fooked up as our so called change to metric has been.

Edited by dave524

I'm with you on that Dave . They still build houses with 4' x 8' plywood , etc. It is a p.i.t.a. for mechanics who need 2 sets of tools . Most of our containers have switched to the American size (gallon ) since the Imp.gallon is larger . ,just under 4 liters . I have an old coffee can  ( 1000 g ) ...now at 925 g. ....and I have never bought a 375 g. pack of bacon since they  eliminated the 500 g. Some still sell by the pound , like Big Reds & Loccoc's .

I think those who live in the northern regions of Ontario would appreciate keeping dst the most . As a retired person I would like to keep it as well , but maybe those with kids going to school would prefer the change . Did they ask us yet ?