Costco St.Kitts

smerchly

Costco  is going to a business supply store when they open the new store in the Falls . ...seems strange they would leave a larger city to move their business eleswhere . They were doing very well here . Our Costco card has expired and we won't be renewing it to shop in the Falls or at the Grimsby store .  We have Walmart & CanTire less than a km .from here , plus many other stores at the 4th Ave plaza .and many more down the road a tad . Maybe it's a bad location for customers . I would like to see them set up on this side of the city . They pay their employees well,  with benefits and can still sell cheaper goods . Sorry to say goodbye to them ......   :mellow:

Yes, it doesn't make sense to expect the bigger population to travel to smaller towns. If St. Kitts still carries the dog food and some basics, I'm good. If not, will probably give up the membership. Not interested driving the QEW in the winter for food. One never knows when a accident will close those stretches of highways, which always seems to occur.  Will probably watch the flyers for deals at our local stores.

The location was constricted in size. No room to expand. Especially to provide a gas bar that regularly runs $0.06 cheaper than the gas chains. The farm fuels up the truck at the Stoney Creek locale every week. 

I’ve been looking forward to the N. Falls store opening because then we can get to a Costco on country roads without having to endure either city traffic or QEW roads.

It has always been a pain driving to the St. kitts store.

As someone who usually takes the drive to Grimsby for it, the newer stores are definitely worth it since they are a little larger, aisles are bigger and such.  While the St Kitts one is an easy drive for me, I hate navigating the Fairview Mall area since I am always letting someone know how good they drive between runnings stop signs and red lights.  The gas bar does not hurt either, I generally won't go out of my way to find cheaper gas, however that is an added benefit now.

It's good for those who live in the Falls , Welland etc. but I believe they will lose many customers from here . The present location at the mall has some traffic problems . I was a Port D. yesterday & from there went to Home Depot (same traffic area) looking for deck boards (no gottsa) and had no problem with traffic . Driving to the Falls or Grimsby for groceries to save a few bucks (more gas) is not worth our time . I'm sure the Costco Brass have gone over every aspect of the move and know their sales will not suffer after the move ....it's an individual thing .....

The other local stores will pick up the slack ......   :santa:

Loving the new one in Grimsby, been doing the drive to St Kitts for over 15 years, cheap gas and a 20 pound propane is 12 bucks compared to over 20 at those tank exchange ripoffs, we also like the quality of many of the Kirkland products over name brands at the grocery stores

1 hour ago, dave524 said:

Loving the new one in Grimsby, been doing the drive to St Kitts for over 15 years, cheap gas and a 20 pound propane is 12 bucks compared to over 20 at those tank exchange ripoffs, we also like the quality of many of the Kirkland products over name brands at the grocery stores

Agreed Costco Grimsby is great. Much closer to me than the Ancaster location which I avoid like the coronavirus.  I can’t believe how cheap the propane fill up is and Kirkland is definitely good for certain items ! 

For the average family and larger families , Costco is the place to go for sure .....not so much for a couple of retirees after paying the $60 entry fee and spending much less on groceries , etc.  As CaptHooksets said , there are good savings on gas and propane .  Most of the people at our trailer park get their gas/propane, etc. etc. at the reserve .

Get ready for another toilet paper shortage ......:pardon:

....................................what's with all the dots Tony ...........................  eh ?  LOL  !!

Are you making fun of the smerch ?........  haha 

YES ........more jobs for the Falls ......less traffic in ST.Kitts ......fair trade !..............    :santa:

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

I have stocked up pretty good ... so if anyone is looking to buy some ... we can chat as I will sell, however expect there to be a stocking fee, delivery fee (to my place), time fee, and a mark-up .... so I figure about $5 bucks a roll.

2 minutes ago, Snags said:

I have stocked up pretty good ... so if anyone is looking to buy some ... we can chat as I will sell, however expect there to be a stocking fee, delivery fee (to my place), time fee, and a mark-up .... so I figure about $5 bucks a roll.

I can get a roll in the hay cheaper .........   :P

1 hour ago, Snags said:

Now I'm having trouble finding paper towels.............Go figure...........................

51 minutes ago, Tony said:

Now I'm having trouble finding paper towels.............Go figure...........................

I am also stocked up on that front ... thinking about 7 bucks a roll is fair ...

9 hours ago, smerchly said:

For the average family and larger families , Costco is the place to go for sure .....not so much for a couple of retirees after paying the $60 entry fee and spending much less on groceries , etc.  As CaptHooksets said , there are good savings on gas and propane .  Most of the people at our trailer park get their gas/propane, etc. etc. at the reserve .

Smerch, can’t forget about Costco’s fresh chicken pot pies . Not sure there is a better way to spend $10. 

13 minutes ago, Captain Hooksets said:

Smerch, can’t forget about Costco’s fresh chicken pot pies . Not sure there is a better way to spend $10. 

Never had one Capt....   sounds delicious !  

I buy the Walmart $8 rotisserie chickens ...2 meals each plus a nice chicken soup with the bones .

On 10/17/2020 at 1:31 PM, smerchly said:

Smerch , just the wife and I here, retired 12 years but in addition to gas, propane and groceries we use Costco for all our big ticket electronics and appliance purchases for the no hassle free extended warranty , never had a good experience with extended warranties that you actually paid extra for. Bonus is the free Costco Concierge help line where you actually get a person in Canada whose first language is English if you have to call.

On 10/19/2020 at 8:48 AM, dave524 said:

Costco Concierge help line where you actually get a person in Canada whose first language is English

Now THAT is a good thing Dave !  I just LOVE calling Bell "CANADA" and talking to someone in India , Pakistan , or Timbuktoo who I can't understand .....

For appliances (fridge , stove, washer, dryer) I have been dealing with Pirie Appliances for decades , decent prices and good service .

If it wasn't for living only one km. from the plaza down the road at 4th Ave.,we would probably continue to shop at Costco occasionally . 

....28 years coming up in December Dave ......   :Gonefishing:  

....Our daughter waited on the phone for over 2 hrs. today to speak with a rep.at the unemployment office . Finally got a lady ( in Pakistan lingo ) & had a hard time understanding her....then told things are the same ,call back on the 30th !  Of all places to have people who have a strong accent , dealing with the public !  

The cost of the food dept is by far the highest cost in the stores. Once the NF store is built, people in St Kitts have the option of a 10 minute drive either way to get the food stuff. I'm suprised they are even keeping the store open. Be happy for that.

We can also avoid the QEW to get there from St.Kitts via the Homer Bridge or take Thorold Stone Rd. via the Tunnel . They said they will still have 200 jobs at St.Catharines  . Our daughter is hoping to get hired at the new Home Depot ....lives in Chippawa.

If I visit the Falls H.D. ,I'll take my fishing gear ....I have a few spots to fish Thorold way ....  :Gonefishing:😘

• 4 weeks later...

Well me and wife tried out the new Costco yesterday. Definitely more parking, and more modern, but I actually found in more congested inside than the St catharines location. This may have been because it just opened, but it was a ZOO! The gas was 84 cents so I took advantage of that and filled up my gas tank while we were there. 

Archived