Lower River

radop211

Hello, I will be fishing the lower this season and am looking for a partner. No cost just maybe some roe until I catch my first Bow. I have 8 years experience and will be fishing out of a Smoker Craft 161 with a 60hp Yamaha. This goes out to the shore guys. Let me know if your interested.  Monday thru Friday no weekends or holidays. Serious not a joke. 1 person per trip. 289 257 6656. Caught this in the creek 2 days ago. PB 5.3

20201013_124132 (2).jpg

10 hours ago, radop211 said:

Hello, I will be fishing the lower this season and am looking for a partner. No cost just maybe some roe until I catch my first Bow. I have 8 years experience and will be fishing out of a Smoker Craft 161 with a 60hp Yamaha. This goes out to the shore guys. Let me know if your interested.  Monday thru Friday no weekends or holidays. Serious not a joke. 1 person per trip. 289 257 6656. Caught this in the creek 2 days ago. PB 5.3

20201013_124132 (2).jpg

Nice hog

Couple weeks?....lol....let the snow fly....dec. ..jan...feb  ....20 plus fish days in the boat sometimes if you know the drifts....presentation and boat control......been doing it for decades.  My favourite fishing of all time.....bundle up and let the steel fly 🎣

Went for a drive to the lower twice this morning. 0830 maybe 12 trailers 1130 same but different trailers, 3 boats leaving.

Going down Wednesday with low expectations. Noticed that some of the Charter guys don't even book till November. Any lower updates would be great... lots of shore guys

Plenty of fish in the river right now. Its still a roe bite with salmon still kicking around. Best bet for trout is above the dams and beyond if you are comfortable pushing up that far in a boat. In mid november when temps drop fish seem to drop back and spread out more. 

I try to hide the floaters inside the egg sack .... try both with & without floater beads .

Would the orange floater beads be more natural to the trout , same colour as the roe ?                            

I usually wait until a bit later in the cold for a couple reasons.....less fair weather people....less weeds....the lakers will have thinned out a bit....and more steelies will hold I  a couple areas and not just shoot right up river...I grew up (even though I'm a sometime childish 50 year old..lol)....fishing the river...top to bottom...shore and boat...derbies ect....unfortunately haven't had a boat for a long time now...but also love beating the shoreline up as well

Had the same boat in 2000 till 2008. I have also fished the river for 30 years. My best day on the lower was 13 landed and two 11 fish days. I have always put floats in my bags and I make my bags bigger than most people. I know its early but now that I have all the gear required. (wife not happy) the itch is bad. Like I said in my earlier post shore guys are welcome to come along when I am alone.

20200416_152516.jpg

9 hours ago, radop211 said:

Fished the lower from 0800 to 1400 today. Streamers and roe = 4 smallmouth bass.

Was getting the odd smallie this early in season  on streamers before...and some eyes out in cliffs boat.....on a side note those grass lines will put out the odd decent musky this time of year.....even if you use the same 3 way drifting tactics as steel....just upsize your baits with big body baits...or big soft plastics and use bigger hardware

• 1 month later...

Archived