Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Sushi Jade in Hamilton and Amakara in St.Catharines. 

 

Its the only food I go out for (eat in or order out). Everything else I can make at home. 

I want to keep that "special" even though it would be great to learn.

Edited by мормышка
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want my fish to be running around my plate & like to know what I'm eating and where it came from . ...never tried it .  It may taste good , like the sauce its in . If you slice carp in thin slices you may not know the diff .....  :pardon:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, smerchly said:

I don't want my fish to be running around my plate & like to know what I'm eating and where it came from . ...never tried it .  It may taste good , like the sauce its in . If you slice carp in thin slices you may not know the diff .....  :pardon:

smerch you gotta try it. I always thought gross I’ll never try that. My girlfriend took me when we first got together now it’s my favorite thing to eat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

smerch you gotta try it. I always thought gross I’ll never try that. My girlfriend took me when we first got together now it’s my favorite thing to eat. 

 

Its the flavour combinations that make it addictive. That and the wasabi. I remember my first time with that. Clear sinuses for days. 😬

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, мормышка said:

 

Its the flavour combinations that make it addictive. That and the wasabi. I remember my first time with that. Clear sinuses for days. 😬

I stay away from the wasabi. I love hot sauces but the wasabi just doesn’t taste good.   
sushi=highly addictive 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like sashimi the most, I do not go out for sushi too often, I can make it at home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, marth11 said:

I like sashimi the most, I do not go out for sushi too often, I can make it at home.

If you make a salmon fish what type of salmon would you use? Pretty sure I read you should use farmed fish since it has less Contaminants then wild fish. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

If you make a salmon fish what type of salmon would you use? Pretty sure I read you should use farmed fish since it has less Contaminants then wild fish. 

I still go with wild as there is too many hormones in farm raised fish,  but will freeze it for a few days to kill any parasites, normally I would make different kinds of veggies rolls typically I use avocado, mango or cucumber. I also make a mean miso soup, there is a grocer downtown in St.Kitts, which is the only place I can find Japanese ingredients.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

If you make a salmon fish what type of salmon would you use? Pretty sure I read you should use farmed fish since it has less Contaminants then wild fish. 

 

Are you sure about that? Think about the farmed salmon environment, what they're fed and what their overall health detriments are like. 

 

Kind of like basa (super cheap fish). Research it and see why. 🤢

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, мормышка said:

 

Are you sure about that? Think about the farmed salmon environment, what they're fed and what their overall health detriments are like. 

 

Kind of like basa (super cheap fish). Research it and see why. 🤢

Agreed! I’ve spent a considerable amount of time reading into this. Farmed salmon is actually higher in toxins and antibiotics than wild. Since fish is a regular part of my families diet , I want to make sure what we’re ingesting in the best for us. There’s a reason why farmed fish is cheaper. Prime example look at tilapia, you can buy it for next to nothing at grocery stores and a lot of times is on special at restaurants. 
 

I absolutely will not buy farmed fish. I’ll eat A salmon out of Lake Ontario way before I’ll buy farmed salmon. Will also taste way better ! 
D780368B-1392-461A-9526-4057C875542A.jpeg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We had haddock & fries yesterday,  mmmmmmmmm !!  ( Beamsville F & C )  , just oil fried with no hot stuff ,etc, to over ride the natural flavour . ....don't know for sure where/how they are raised .

 Still can't beat catching our own perch , pike , eyes, crappie , etc etc .....   👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...