NEW PB

Tyler0420

Been skunked at this spot for the last year n 8 days. I’ve done quite a few 4-6 hour sessions here. Finally this evening I cast some packbait out and a couple minutes later the alarm bells are ringing. So pumped right now. Not only did I finally catch one here it’s my new pb.  21lb 6oz

ECB213E6-5171-45B2-9306-91F66D1874CB.jpeg

566DDE43-C94C-40DA-9097-184BAF64A701.jpeg

I just turned the pc on & see your pb carp !  Congrats Tyler , I have yet to break that formidable barrier ! Are those little tidbits  hemp seeds i see in the mash ?  What a nice day out there eh ??   :rolleyes:

I see it ain't over yet !!  I still may have a chance to break the 20 barrier in 2020 !   :Gonefishing:

18 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Are those little tidbits  hemp seeds i see in the mash

I had two kinds of ground baits that I mixed together. It’s  pellets, mixed particles, boilie chops, hemp, oils, cereal grain and rock salt. I mixed with oats and strawberry jello Canned and cream corn.  Then dosed in liquid flavors yesterday and today.  Probably the nicest packbait I’ve made. 

7 minutes ago, NiagaraRiverFisher said:

Congrats on your new chunky pb,  I like how you use a landing mat.  respect👍 

Thanks. Gotta try and promote safe handling. Some of these fish are huge and wouldn’t  want to drop one 

38 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

I had two kinds of ground baits that I mixed together. It’s  pellets, mixed particles, boilie chops, hemp, oils, cereal grain and rock salt. I mixed with oats and strawberry jello Canned and cream corn.  Then dosed in liquid flavors yesterday and today.  Probably the nicest packbait I’ve made. 

WRITE THAT DOWN !!    I think the carp are getting fussy as they want nothing but gourmet meals by the finest "chefs" . 🧑‍🍳

They seem to be dissing my best pineapple / vanilla treated maize ....may have to step it up a notch !  

35 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

They only get bigger from here smerch. 

I am keeping the faith Ty .......    :th_fudd:.....................   :skunk:

41 minutes ago, smerchly said:

I think the carp are getting fussy as they want nothing but gourmet meals by the finest "chefs" . 🧑‍🍳

I was lazy all year and only fished hook baits over maize. Lately I’ve been using packbait again and 2 out of 3 times I caught fish. Maybe I should’ve of been using it all year. 

tonight’s rig: blow back rig , size 4 hook, 25lb braid hook link, 2.5oz in-line lead.

hookbait: two pieces of vanilla maize with two pop up corn soaked in pineapple goo. 

usually I don’t use so much lead on the hook link but a few days ago I was using an 18mm pop up boilie. 

CC0CEE12-E551-49A4-A257-D8B5B0DAE747.png

13 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

the nicest packbait I’ve made. 

I hope that carp invites his/her friends to dine at your swim Tyler !  Word of mouth gets around quickly .....   :D

15 minutes ago, smerchly said:

I hope that carp invites his/her friends to dine at your swim Tyler !  Word of mouth gets around quickly .....   :D

I hope the big momma is around. Earlier in the week a 27lber was caught here. I fished with the guy who caught it last night. 

1 hour ago, Mike Pike said:

You deserve that on Tyler!  Nice when you put in the time and effort to be rewarded and that's a nice bruiser!

Keep at it.  This is the time for da big ones.

PS...Thanks for the pics and description of your rig and bait.

If you put the camera down and want to fish let me know :)

Nice going Ty !   I have very little experience fishing at night for carp .  I would expect good channel cat fishing after dark .  Nice to have the white bivy close by.....

1 minute ago, Mike Pike said:

Nice goin' again Tyler!  If memory serves me correctly, that was a very cold night!  No pain, no gain, eh?

I’m always out in the worst conditions. I fished the other night in the snow and 50+km winds.   I’ll be fishing Friday during the day for once. Not sure for what. Rivers for trout or carping somewhere. 

• 1 month later...

Archived