Got it done this morning

Davidp16

I got it done this morning during the shotgun hunt hunt, woke up at 4:45am and got ready to head to the woods! Got set up about 1 hour before shooting time and brrr it was chilly! Definitely worth it thought. Got a nice 5pt buck at 7:57am very big buck. I am pleased to have filled my tag and now have the rest of the week off work now.

Congratulations..it was defintely cold and windy this morning. We are heading back out soon for the afternoon hunt.  We have 5 tags to fill so looks like we will be sitting in a tree most the week! 

Way to go!

Its nice to fill the tag on the first day out, especially when hunting by yourself!

I'm in for the December gun hunt because I like to try as much as possible with my crossbow before resorting to the shotgun.

For the month of October I was just concentrating on getting a turkey, but no luck on that.

Congrats on your Buck! Yes it was chilly yesterday morning! I did'nt see anyhting, and too tired and busy with work to go back out this morning. Hope to get out this evening.

Dave you gave me some good luck! Went back out this morning and got this nice Doe only 15 yards from my stand. Double lung and heart so she didnt go far. Good luck to everyone else . 

20201103_093725.jpg

5 hours ago, Darryl L said:

Dave you gave me some good luck! Went back out this morning and got this nice Doe only 15 yards from my stand. Double lung and heart so she didnt go far. Good luck to everyone else . 

20201103_093725.jpg

Nice doe Darryl L. Congrats 

7 hours ago, Darryl L said:

20201103_093725.jpg

congrats Darryl looks like a good size doe

She wasn't a big doe, but I would probably be in the neighborhood of 50 pounds give or take. I would probably get a few more pounds if we took it to a butcher but we enjoy doing it all ourselves. It is delicious! 

Archived