Gibby today Nov.4

smerchly

Fishing for pike , using a 10'6" rod, a float , #4 Aberdeen hooks , and 3-4" minnows . Tried one spot ....very breezy ,no hits.  another spot was out of the wind and a few small perch tried their best to swallow the minnows , too small for keeping .  THEN ...finally the float slowly went under ...set the hook , and it started to peel out the line ...lots of line . I was thinking it may spool me as my Shimano 2000 doesn't carry a lot of line . It turned around and headed back my way ....big pike ???   musky ??? Looking forward to catching a nice toothy one .......  Well it was over 10 lbs ........and was tooth - less .  My "pike" today was a blast to catch on the light rod ! 

gib perch-minnow.jpg

Gib.carp -minnow.jpg

Never know what you catch this time of year on the minnows....prob for me right now is getting out....I get off work 630 am...just in time to hand off the keys to the lil woman to head off to work....oh also wondering if you caught or bought the minnows????

I caught them Jack ....got about 4 dozen from 2 - 5"  in one dip with my 4' net . The perch have been hitting them in a few of my pike spots . I have to go to 711 tomorrow to put some money for another year on my super duper flip phone and from there head to Rennie for some late carp fishing . Strong SW winds again , but not a problem when carping .

Cool....saw some small chub minnows a couple weekends ago at rennie when I took my daughter out for a few casts....we used worms just to get out and enjoy some time and the weather together

20200920_163126.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

Cool....saw some small chub minnows a couple weekends ago at rennie when I took my daughter out for a few casts....we used worms just to get out and enjoy some time and the weather together

The gobies at Rennie love those worms ....and my corn bags !  Just outside watering the dog and saw lots of worms out there .  ...should be a good week to get some for the trout , etc.

3 hours ago, NiagaraRiverFisher said:

Beauty tail color on that carpolla !

Maybe it depends on water clarity and bottom structure . Some have very vivid colours over others.

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

The gobies at Rennie love those worms ....and my corn bags !  Just outside watering the dog and saw lots of worms out there .  ...should be a good week to get some for the trout , etc.

Maybe it depends on water clarity and bottom structure . Some have very vivid colours over others.

Careful smerch. If you water your dog too much he will get too big and you’ll Have to sell your fishing gear to buy a bigger house. 

10 hours ago, Captain Hooksets said:

Careful smerch. If you water your dog too much he will get too big and you’ll Have to sell your fishing gear to buy a bigger house. 

HA !  My little "JUG"   Maggie waters my grass and it's hilarious watching her trying to help me catch worms .

mags.jpg

Smerch you fishing tomorrow? I’m carping tonight till the morning.  I’m in the dog house so sleeping on the couch I chose my truck instead, then I can fish also :).  I’ll fish whatever tomorrow during the day then back carping tomorrow night. 

You baaaaad   🙃.....   I "was" going to fish Rennie  today , for carp , but forgot my carp rd . ...wayyyy to windy there for my lighter pike rod . So I got my phone thing done , went home ,then back to Gibby again for carp . The bite was slow but went 2 for 2 ....First one was 7 lbs ...second one was a real tough guy !!   It was a strong dude ...put out a few good runs and lots of head shakes , with attitude . It came in at just shy of 15 lbs . (think my scale is wayyyyy off) lol. It's out of the wind there , short 50 meter walk , nice place to bunk for the night ;)  (woof)

This carp was long , lean and mean about 31"...really enjoyed sparring with him for 10 minutes . If you are heading out this way we can do a fish in at either Rennie or the Gibber .... some current there & about 10 -15' deep.

Gibby carp 15 lbs.jpg

Going to have to join you soon bill....so far only day I have the car free and clear before bed for the day are Wednesdays when the other half is off

22 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

20200920_163126.jpg

Worms work there Jack ( bass , perch , carp ,pannies and of course gobies )  That's where I saw a large koi  pass by me while carping beside those rocks , a few years ago .  May be fishing there tomorrow .

Slip floated it to try and avoid the gobie factor......got some sunnies and a few small perch....I can also pretty much get out on weekends too..but sometimes avoid the busier spots..definitely got the pike bug before I start my steelie season

At least you got out, I went to the glen this afternoon and had to turn around due to craziness out there.....Never seen that many people in my life in this area...I bet you its all those folks from the areas where everything is shut down due to covid.  That's the pool parking lot:

IMG_0406.jpg

7 minutes ago, steelshady said:

At least you got out, I went to the glen this afternoon and had to turn around due to craziness out there.....Never seen that many people in my life in this area...I bet you its all those folks from the areas where everything is shut down due to covid.  That's the pool parking lot:

IMG_0406.jpg

And I can guarantee the ticket queen was having a field day.

6 minutes ago, bigugli said:

And I can guarantee the ticket queen was having a field day.

I can't see no parking signs ....Are these people fishing or walking down the glen ? 

Some people  say a ticket is just the cost of parking  .....  get on the phone & pay the ticket . 

3 hours ago, smerchly said:

I can't see no parking signs ....Are these people fishing or walking down the glen ? 

Some people  say a ticket is just the cost of parking  .....  get on the phone & pay the ticket . 

I've seen the ticket queen tagging overflow vehicles a few times by the whirpool and glen lots over the past few weeks. I like taking the scenic drive to Lococo's along the parkway.

Archived