No more hunting in Grimsby...

corey

So the town voted to prohibit all archery anywhere in Grismby including above the brow. Well all know there has been no firearms discharge for a long time but now archery is prohibited too. Guess all the big city folks are having their say these days.

People are leaving the GTA in favour of Niagara where house prices are lower (so far) . We can expect to see more housing developments , malls and businesses in the future and more private property. I have seen many fishing spots closed up over the years as well as many places I used to hunt ...like my back yard where I bagged my first rabbit .

With more and more "city folk" moving down all through the Peninsula it's going to continue to get worse. They move to the country then complain when they hear gunshots come waterfowl season, hunters killing bambi and when farmers are running equipment at night, spreading manure, etc. Just to add insult to injury many of the ones that like to come down here to visit on weekends, show no respect to locals whether it be through trespassing on private property or littering in parks and waterways. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but is welland not the same now too? Not good, we are slowly losing more and more good ground. This only leads to poaching, and people not following the rules. 

1 hour ago, gunner-2 said:

This is just the beginning it's all part of the corruption there taking all of our rights away slowly for now the pace will pick up

soon agenda 21 and 30 look it up we have a fight on our hands

Or like PM Trudeau who smiles when explaining the "great reset" thanks to CV-19. 

Nobody wants to listen. They'll cry when its too late.

3 hours ago, Darryl L said:

This only leads to poaching, and people not following the rules. 

Probably more poaching happening now than ever as new ways to hunt illegally have emerged , like using (silent) cross bows , laser beams , cameras , gps , drones and amazing bush vehicles (tanks)  . In some cases , it's a matter of putting meat on the table regardless of the law . 

2 hours ago, gunner-2 said:

This is just the beginning it's all part of the corruption there taking all of our rights away slowly for now the pace will pick up

soon agenda 21 and 30 look it up we have a fight on our hands

The C19 is the perfect excuse to reset our "free" society . Some large businesses are making huge bucks taking advantage of this virus.   I have already seen prices going crazy in our local stores and don't expect to see them return to "normal" again .  They will tax us more than ever ...( natural gas bill = tax on tax )

Now we have another Trudeau in charge soon south of the border , and the fake news will convince most that we are going to save the planet .....  I believe I have lived through the best time in history (77 years)   :Gonefishing: , ,:smiley_campfire-1:.. :th_fudd:

Increased taxes to recover those "free hand outs" like CERB. Its not gov't money, that money is taken from someone else as gov't does not produce.

As resources become more controlled, hunting and fishing can become very limited. If the ultimate goal is reached where private property becomes abolished, good bye to your own gardening or any form of self sufficiency. Even owning a fossil fuel car may become VERY expensive. Some things to think about.

I don't see using archery, or hunting in general where hunting is legal as poaching. Poaching is taking game when there is no open season. Using archery where there is a stupid bylaw is just breaking a bylaw. Hunting is legal in the area still therefore as long as the MNR regulations are followed, screw the bylaw. With that said, I don't do my hunting in Grimsby so it won't affect my hunt but I will stand shoulder to shoulder with any hunters who are affected by this.

21 minutes ago, corey said:

I don't see using archery, or hunting in general where hunting is legal as poaching. Poaching is taking game when there is no open season. Using archery where there is a stupid bylaw is just breaking a bylaw. Hunting is legal in the area still therefore as long as the MNR regulations are followed, screw the bylaw. With that said, I don't do my hunting in Grimsby so it won't affect my hunt but I will stand shoulder to shoulder with any hunters who are affected by this.

As will i we all have to start screaming no matter what the situation if we just bow down and comply we lost .All hunters that hunt in this area should stand up and fight this and even hunters that don't hunt there cause it's just a matter of time this can happen to us we can't let them get away with this HUNTERS GET MAD AND STAND UP

3 minutes ago, gunner-2 said:

https://www.ofah.org/firearms/town-of-grimsby-discharge-of-firearms/

any hunters in Grimsby hear is your chance fight it 

Looks like the meeting already took place on the 17th. Hopefully it was well attended. 

1 minute ago, gunner-2 said:

Ya after i posted it i seen that i hope it went well as well

It's still a good thing to post as it lists the name and email of the contact at the town of grimsby that you can write and Express your displeasure. It's such a shame as Niagara has so much beautiful, huntable land. I love being able to hunt here, go home and have some lunch, maybe a nap, and back out hunting without driving hours to get to your spot. 

My cousin owns a beef cattle farm on the north side of mud road (AG & Turf). You could not discharge firearms on that side of the road but archery has always been legal. How could that bother anyone? As you know, it is not about bows or guns, we hunters are hated by all the new residents in these areas. That is why I no longer hunt in this area, I spend my 2 weeks in the north where hunting is understood by most of the residents,

I understand that verado but not every one can go north and no one should have there rights taken away or have new comers come hear and dictate to us what we should or shouldent be able to do if that was the case

Archived