smerchly

2 hours ago, corey said:

Ya... 2020 is only the start of the decade...

...with much lower moral standards ......  more  young people dying from drug overdoses than c19....

Fishing can only get better .......     :Gonefishing: ......  bring on the ice ....started up the snow blower today !!   :coldsmiley:

On 11/20/2020 at 3:40 PM, smerchly said:

:Gonefishing: ......  bring on the ice ....started up the snow blower today !!   :coldsmiley:

It's all your fault. You start up the snowblower, and the next day my furnace quits just as it starts snowing.  

Hope you got that furnace fixed pronto Bruce .  I remember heating this house with wood 24/7 .....gas meter off ....electric hot water tank ......very reliable heat , except for the odd chimney fire .......

I'm too old to be heating a house with wood any more. Lord knows I did it for 20 years in Beamsville.  Cutting, hauling and splitting 5 bush cord per year is tough  to do with a cane.

They had the furnace running yesterday afternoon. House is too warm.  The way the warden likes it.

5 hours ago, bigugli said:

splitting 5 bush cord per year is tough  to do with a cane.

A hydraulic wood splitter works better than a cane .......   ha !  

I remember your house being nice and warm with that wood stove . It's nice to have a pot of hot water or soup sitting on the stove  .( or fish head chowder ) 

On 11/20/2020 at 12:28 PM, Tyler0420 said:

It only gets worse. Can’t see it getting any better ever......

I spent some time trying to find the number of people who passed at LTC homes in 2018 ...before the c19 came....couldn't find any numbers but lots of different ways and reasons many died . ( like neglect, drugs, falls , etc etc )  

It would be interesting to compare the numbers then and now for 2020 with all the "covid deaths .

This is all I could find , not what I was searching for , but the stats are sad .... Maybe 2020 will bring some badly needed changes .....I'm sure many here have some stories that relate .....

http://www.mcscs.jus.gov.on.ca/english/Deathinvestigations/OfficeChiefCoroner/Publicationsandreports/GLTCRC2018Report.html

TO Sun today ... a better report than most ..... 

https://torontosun.com/opinion/editorials/editorial-facts-matter-now-more-than-ever

Archived