Niagara Parks to implement fees at its public boat launches starting in 2021

Squinter

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/news/niagara-region/2020/11/21/niagara-parks-to-implement-fees-at-its-public-boat-launches-starting-in-2021.html

Niagara Parks will hold a virtual public information centre on Thursday December 3rd from 6 to 7pm, to provide an overview of the introduction of a $10 daily launch fee or $120 annual pass, for use of its public boat launches, beginning in the 2021 season. The online session will provide the opportunity for input from boat launch users on how the funds could be reinvested back into the boat launch amenities.

Cities have lost billions of $$$ thanks to the Whuhan virus . ( Maybe China will pay for the damages ) ?

Cities will find every way possible to tax us more , which will cause even more businesses

to close when our spending stops .....

Fishing spots may well need permits as they have in Europe  .

Virtual fishing will be cheaper ......

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

Cities have lost billions of $$$ thanks to the Whuhan virus . ( Maybe China will pay for the damages ) ?

Cities will find every way possible to tax us more , which will cause even more businesses

to close when our spending stops .....

Fishing spots may well need permits as they have in Europe  .

Virtual fishing will be cheaper ......

Hopefully permits won’t happen here. Europe has permits because their lakes/ponds are private.  Public waters ways no permit needed. Atleast that’s what I got from it when i was In Germany. 

On 11/25/2020 at 7:44 AM, boogaloo said:

Sad. Whats next?? A permit to fish in a designated spot??

Dont be surprised. Already happens on sections of the notty in Essa TWP. 

4 minutes ago, smerchly said:

I'll bet there is no garbage left by those anglers .......

Yeah there is, salmon circus brings out some strange ones. Id say the Ganaraska will be next pay to fish, with excuses to follow. Ontario puts zero into the resource. Wants you to police the rivers, do the cleanups, and maintain the resource. Unethical activity is the new normal without COs to enforce. More and more piers getting closed because municpalities dont  want to have to clean them. Our fishing license is dumped into the general fund and squat put into the resource. Thats why I choose to spend my money in the US, vs here. Sounds crazy to say that...but its true. They keep taking spots away and closing access, and finding ways to profit is next.

47 minutes ago, marktheperchman said:

So glad that I always fish by myself. Whether it's the canal or the lake I'm most always solitary and any garbage i see by my launch will always come home with me.

I can't afford to haul away all the garbage I find in local fishing spots. Especially with all the added garbage fees and reduced collection. I content myself with picking up the recyclables. Currently I have 6 bags full of crushed cans for the scrap yard, and have already sent out the same number in compacted plastic.

It's no surprise given the massive influx of anglers to the areas boat ramps.  Queenston has always been busy, but the upper Niagara ramps have taken a beating over the last 3 seasons.  Traffic has increased substantially. 

45 minutes ago, kevin said:

It's no surprise given the massive influx of anglers to the areas boat ramps.  Queenston has always been busy, but the upper Niagara ramps have taken a beating over the last 3 seasons.  Traffic has increased substantially. 

The Niagara area is expanding rapidly ....many new subdivisions being built and people from the GTA buying new houses . Many anglers from the GTA and Hamilton area come here to fish for salmon and trout and the space is now very limited . Dealers selling boats and motors are taking advantage of the Covid issue and inflating the  prices ...as I expected most business would do ....My boat never left the driveway this year .. . she likes the quiet ramp at "Camp Granada" at Quinte which was a total bust this season. C'est la vie !

If the fees are a money grab, I'm against them. 

I don't mind paying for access provided the fees go to building better access and maintaining.

Look around, so many spots we have been able to fish before are no fishing zones now.  

Anthough this isn't ideal, it's better then them closing the access points all together. 

End of the word " Public" boat ramps ?  ...will be no different than other pay ramps . As many of us have  seen ,  the garbage and costly city cleanups have come to pass ......

What are the ramp fees across the River ?

Archived