Ice fishing covid....

Jmaz4

Just curious if anyone knows of any laws that prohibit you from ice fishing in a hut with someone other than  your household during these times. I know their are guidelines, but can you be fined if found with someone other than  immediate household???? 

Good question .....Who is going to check people and their I.D. while fishing in a hut ?  Will the MNR be sledding all over L.Simcoe  , wearing helmet & mask,  asking to see your license & I.D. ....and your C-19 vaccine  certificate ? 

My hut is 7' x 7' so I should be safe to have one other person in there , one in each corner ....wearing masks of course ! :rolleyes:

They would make a lot more money by checking every car on the 401  ! 

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Blah blah blah fish with who you want.  After Xmas should be a full lockdown so we’ll see what happens after that.  I talked with an operator and they said huts are going out unless the town gets shut down. 

I have a feeling "if" we get locked down it will  be before xmas, not after. That way they can tell us all no get togethers, xmas dinners etc... The ice fishing scenario is interesting because technically you are outdoors, but inside a tent. Tricky one. 

1 hour ago, Darryl L said:

"if" we get locked down it will  be before xmas, not after.

Agree with that ...looks like they're getting the locks out .....

They might shut down the hut operators as they do with most small businesses , but we may be ok to take our own huts . I have a lot of bros to fish with ....

Best to call your favorite hut operator. If you are booking a hut and they ask you that question, then you'll know their balls are in a vise to stay in business.

Funny before all of this if everybody in your group had a cold, nobody cared.

If an operator makes you wear masks inside the hut, I'd never do business with them again. 

I dont think any operator really cares whether or not you wear a mask but it's the government and bylaw that threaten them with all these fines and loss of licence if they get caught in violation. It's a pain in the ass everywhere right now but I cant see bylaw officers driving all around a lake checking inside tents. 

So I called 2 hut operators to find out what the policy is for them.

1st operator said you must wear a mask while travelling to and from the hut and must wear gloves. They will take more than one group at a time following the mask and glove rule. In the hut you do what you want with who you want.

2nd operator said you must wear a mask and gloves to and from your hut and he will only take one group at a time to the huts. 

Both are from Lake Simcoe.

Ice Fishing Outfitters out of Virginia Beach Facebook posts says they are closed until Jan 28 due to covid lockdown. 

The rules will change and the way people perceive  them will change as the ice builds.

Wow thanks for the input! I called a couple places myself and 1 didnt even mention anything..... so I'm assuming it depends on the operator. 

3 hours ago, Jmaz4 said:

Wow thanks for the input! I called a couple places myself and 1 didnt even mention anything..... so I'm assuming it depends on the operator. 

As c19 cases are climbing , it's a day to day thing now ....  and I hope people don't put too much hope that the shots are going to end this flu..... 

I don't know how much advanced time is needed to book a hut but I suppose it's best to  check the hut operators out regularly .  

9 minutes ago, smerchly said:

As c19 cases are climbing , it's a day to day thing now ....  and I hope people don't put too much hope that the shots are going to end this flu..... 

I don't know how much advanced time is needed to book a hut but I suppose it's best to  check the hut operators out regularly .  

Your absolutely correct. Both hut operators I called said they are almost booked for weekends through the season. The weekdays are still open. I know one of the operators personally and he said it might be his best season in a long time if they don’t get shutdown. 

I use my own hut, move when I want, cook some fresh fish, keep to myself and enjoy the time on the hard water. Plus I can pick and choose from so many areas and species within 2 minutes to 30 minutes.

On 12/18/2020 at 8:18 AM, fredfisher said:

Ice Fishing Outfitters out of Virginia Beach Facebook posts says they are closed until Jan 28 due to covid lockdown. 

The rules will change and the way people perceive  them will change as the ice builds.

That's who I usually go out with. Thanks.

On 12/18/2020 at 8:46 AM, Jmaz4 said:

Wow thanks for the input! I called a couple places myself and 1 did'nt even mention anything..... so I'm assuming it depends on the operator. 

We may be in  complete lock down  across Ontario soon . Niagara is going into the RED zone tomorrow (Monday) . We were doing fine here until the  "infected" hoards from T.O. came here to shop as they were closed down there.

This morning I heard C.Elliot say we will get a "certificate" to carry after receiving the 2nd dose of the brand new miracle vaccine .That certificate may be needed to keep your job , board an airline , etc etc etc ......one of those "etc." could be renting a fish hut ??

Check this out ......playing hockey can get you tasered now. The comments are getting very hostile towards the police here ...Scary things happening in our once free country ......

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-wild-hockey-brawl-featured-police-stun-gun-handcuffs 

Mops, check the Facebook for mike and bev..I think shuttered until middle Jan ..28 days from DEC 14...my bud just booked us middle Feb, south side Nipp...we should be good,I heard the covid19 doesn't like ice fishing!

17 hours ago, smerchly said:

We may be in  complete lock down  across Ontario soon . Niagara is going into the RED zone tomorrow (Monday) . We were doing fine here until the  "infected" hoards from T.O. came here to shop as they were closed down there.

This morning I heard C.Elliot say we will get a "certificate" to carry after receiving the 2nd dose of the brand new miracle vaccine .That certificate may be needed to keep your job , board an airline , etc etc etc ......one of those "etc." could be renting a fish hut ??

Check this out ......playing hockey can get you tasered now. The comments are getting very hostile towards the police here ...Scary things happening in our once free country ......

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-wild-hockey-brawl-featured-police-stun-gun-handcuffs 

Have you seen this? If This is Ontarios/Torontos Top Doctor Saying This, Then Why The Hell Should Anyone Take This Vaxx? (bitchute.com)

4 hours ago, мормышка said:

That was reported in most news outlets without combining two separate partial clips, one part of the daily briefing and the second "off air" discussion, the "they" referred to is likely their assistants that create notes etc., rather than Alien UN Overlords.  (p.s. I have little use for the UN or WHO in their current state)

Why take the vaccine? Simple to protect yourself and others. I would'n't depend on a local medical experts off the cuff joke, or a writer from bitchute, or any other journalist for that matter, but rather common sense. These vaccine conspiracy theories are ridiculous, if they were to serve anyone it would be our enemies spreading them such as Russia, China, etc.  Vaccines worked for Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hepatitis, to name a few, saving millions of lives as well as preventing misery for others. Unfortunately misguided "anti vaxxers" have caused a resurgence of diseases such as Measles to start making a come back. Millions of people in poor undeveloped countries still don't have the luxury of many of the vaccines most of us take for granted.

Due to the mismanagement of vaccine procurement by our federal government not too many of use will get the opportunity to be inoculated any time soon.

Everyone smugly pointed their finger at the US and the Trump Administration over their response to the pandemic, but in practical terms they are actually light years ahead of Canada in response and effective execution on all fronts., intitial closings of borders, PPE, along with vaccine development and procurement. 

If you don't want to take the vaccine for personal reasons, that's your choice, but please don't spread the BS.

By the way bring on the ice! 

1 hour ago, Surf and Turf said:

That was reported in most news outlets without combining two separate partial clips, one part of the daily briefing and the second "off air" discussion, the "they" referred to is likely their assistants that create notes etc., rather than Alien UN Overlords.  (p.s. I have little use for the UN or WHO in their current state)

Why take the vaccine? Simple to protect yourself and others. I would'n't depend on a local medical experts off the cuff joke, or a writer from bitchute, or any other journalist for that matter, but rather common sense. These vaccine conspiracy theories are ridiculous, if they were to serve anyone it would be our enemies spreading them such as Russia, China, etc.  Vaccines worked for Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hepatitis, to name a few, saving millions of lives as well as preventing misery for others. Unfortunately misguided "anti vaxxers" have caused a resurgence of diseases such as Measles to start making a come back. Millions of people in poor undeveloped countries still don't have the luxury of many of the vaccines most of us take for granted.

Due to the mismanagement of vaccine procurement by our federal government not too many of use will get the opportunity to be inoculated any time soon.

Everyone smugly pointed their finger at the US and the Trump Administration over their response to the pandemic, but in practical terms they are actually light years ahead of Canada in response and effective execution on all fronts., intitial closings of borders, PPE, along with vaccine development and procurement. 

If you don't want to take the vaccine for personal reasons, that's your choice, but please don't spread the BS.

By the way bring on the ice! 

Lets have discussion over PM. 🙂

That's your speculation on those top doctors video. They said what they said, yet you dismiss it.

Please understand that there is no such thing as safe vaccine for RNA based afflictions. Let alone for a virus yet to be isolated, purified and put through Koch's Postulates.  How can you trust this vaccine that came out so quickly and hasn't even been trialed on animals? I guess the volunteers who forfeit their rights for damage compensation are the guinea pigs.

Do you even know what the ingredients are?

"They haven't yet been able to show whether the vaccine prevents infection. So even when someone is vaccinated, they need to protect themselves and others." - Ontario Associate Medical Officer, Dr. Yaffe

Fauci Being Grilled by Rep. Kurt Schrader (bitchute.com)

and

URGENT MESSAGE ABOUT CV-19 VACCINE (bitchute.com)

Link he's talking about: CDC Presentation

Bottom line is our democratic rights for freedom of choice without being castigated by those who say we should not have a choice .  Who knows what some shots in the arm may do to our immune system , dna ,etc, down the road ? 

Most of us here have been diligent doing the normal stuff expected as with any flu bug ....keeping our snotty nose away from others , taking aspirin , and a bowl of chicken soup . I , like other anglers have been fishing solo or with a friend from land or sea .... Just be careful and don't let this "thing" get under your skin !    

Merry Christmas and Happy Fishing    :santa:......:Gonefishing:

Archived