Niagara River Boat Ramps

radop211

Under the "Grey" zone as listed on the government website, Marinas and boating are allowed, but the parks and regional municipalities can still close them if they feel the need. Under the current red zone, sports and arenas can still stay open but the town of Niagara on the lake decided on it's own to shut them all and stop the kids hockey programs. I dont get it. 

As of Dec 24th 12:01am all of Ontario is locked down.  28 days minimum for Sudbury and south and 14 days minimum for north of that.  That doesn’t necessarily mean “grey”.  The details of this lockdown will be released tomorrow.  I suspect it will be more strict than current grey. 

Our last hockey was today.  Arenas will close Thursday and hockey will be 100% done until February.

I hope marinas stay open. 

17 hours ago, radop211 said:

Before they close Queenston what can be done? Locals only? Weekends are a doo-doo show down there. Don't doo-doo on me as I am just asking.  

Locals only would be a good concept....lol....I remember years back fishing the lower throughout the entire winter...and more often than not...would not see another person at all on most days....maybe the odd passerby all winter stopping to say hi and warm up by the shore lunch fire......now it's almost guaranteed that if you surveyed the popular park and go spots like whirlpool or glen that the vast majority is all people from out of town...and unfortunately alot of locals including myself dont even bother to try going out at certain times because of the crap show and the trail they leave behind on the bank and floating down the river......the problem right now us mainly the so called "region hopping".....its not a new concept for many local niagara anglers anymore than the people who flock to many popular ice fishing areas and leave thier mess  behind....disrespect thier local residents.....and also what has been pointed out many times here in Niagara....if it wasnt for the care of a few local anglers diligently cleaning up after others ect...and will not hesitate to call people out on thier crap because we as local die hards respect our resources....they could easily just shut down yet another dwindling fishing hole...right now it also a public health issue...agree or not...if a severe illness or death hit in your direct friend or family circle because someone had the mentality just to say "our area is locked down...let's just all go somewhere that's not"....your tune might change ....would you go if the scenario was...."ok you can take the chance on going...but there is a big risk that if you do....your arm could get chopped off"...I think alot of people just dont care because to them its invisible unless it impacts them directly some how.....unfortunately niagara is a tourist destination and it's hard to push a "locals only"...concept short of having a parks representative checking proof of residence at the top of the hill....and counting heads to limit crowds....it wasnt local anglers that got things shut down in the spring 

19 hours ago, Mbocco said:

As of Dec 24th 12:01am all of Ontario is locked down.  28 days minimum for Sudbury and south and 14 days minimum for north of that.  That doesn’t necessarily mean “grey”.  The details of this lockdown will be released tomorrow.  I suspect it will be more strict than current grey. 

Our last hockey was today.  Arenas will close Thursday and hockey will be 100% done until February.

I hope marinas stay open. 

The lockdown starts on 12:01AM December 26th........not that 2 days makes any difference.

You know Ford and Trudeau will both be having Christmas dinners with their families. Both have already been caught red handed breaking Covid rules, and it wont be the last time for either.  

On 12/21/2020 at 6:32 PM, Darryl L said:

You know Ford and Trudeau will both be having Christmas dinners with their families. Both have already been caught red handed breaking Covid rules, and it wont be the last time for either.  

Different rules for different rich people

On 12/21/2020 at 2:50 PM, Jwl1 said:

it wasnt local anglers that got things shut down in the spring

Most of the anglers I talked with at Port Dal. were from the T.O. area & Hammi ....all after trout (and roe) .

Thanks to modern technology , we can catch more fish  . You Tube if full of fishing vids showing where to catch'em and how to catch'em  ...all species from pannies to carp .  More people (covid related) are buying boats ,R.V's ,& fishing poles !

Maybe ....when the price of gas hits $2 per liter people will fish their local waters . They could  stock ponds and do like they do in Europe and charge for your own private plot . ...$$$$$$     :)

Archived