End of summer trip (if the world doesn't end!)

Bubba14

Good morning!

Im starting to plan the end of summer trip for the wife and I. Last year we travelled as far as Hearst and had a great time staying at Fushimi Lake Provincial Park.

This year we plan on taking approximately three weeks covering the Lake Superior route and staying at the following parks...Chutes, White Lake, Sleeping Giant, Lake Superior and possibly Grundy. I'll be carrying my 12 foot tinnie and 7.5 horse with me to do some fishing on smaller bodies of water.

Does anyone have any experience with this area?

It's beautiful country through there Scott . We took that route for some of our moose trips and stopped at some spots to grab a few pictures  and buy some things to take home , like amethyst , hoodies ,ect. I have plenty of photos to remember those trips ( Terry Fox , Sleeping giant ) .We stayed in motels both way . Enjoy !

• 2 weeks later...

Been to Obatanga Provincial Park, just down from White lake. Quiet and lots of pike.  Lake Superior as well. Cold water. Check out the rock paintings if you can. I'm sure I saw Sasquatch there too....

I have also hit Grundy many times as well. Lots of hiking, and did some good fishing on Gurd Lake. Watch out for the turtle and the swan!

We are planning a similer trip this august. Chuttes,Lake Superior, Rainbow Falls,Quitico,Sleeping Giant, Fushimi, Rene Brunelle, than finally Halfway Lake it would probably take a month.

We'll have to compare notes! We did 9 nights at Fushimi August/September last year and had a fantastic time. Very nice park and we always caught fish when we went out, walleye and pike. The walleye are typically in the 14-16 inch range. Apparently there are some MONSTER pike in there but we didn't hook into any, just 3-4 pounders. They were still really tasty!

43 minutes ago, Bubba14 said:

We did 9 nights at Fushimi

Scott....you passed through Kapuskasing where we went south to Opasatika  Lake . We launched at Rufus Lake , then to Pentalton Lake to Opa.  Great fishing/camping trip !  We boated a nice 42" pike , about 20 lbs .and many eyes (pics) 6 -10 lbs . I have many 35 mm pictures of that unforgettable trip !  Beautiful country !!  

We have encountered some  bad storms on some trips as well  .  We noticed 9 out of 10 people there drive pick ups   haha....and that was over 20 years ago.  

Archived