Outdoor fishing and new "stay-at-home" rules

antonio77

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bigugli said:

Back in the day, a comment like that would get you a ride on the "Cherry Beach Express"

Not sure you would be pummeled for that, but push their buttons too much....
I found most officers back in the day where pretty forgiving.  Pulled over once in
one of my muscle cars, the cop said you can definitely out race us, but you can't
beat the radio.  I met many a good cop back in my silly racing days.

The rules are crystal clear!

Stay home.  Or maybe go out.  Or get some exercise?  Don't leave your region?  Up to police chiefs?!?! You can't be pulled over?  You can be pulled over for other things and asked about your essential travel?!?!?!

"No worries though, you can fight the ticket!"

Anybody here ever fought a ticket before?  Would love to avoid that situation again!

I'm giving it a few weeks for people smarter than me and richer than me to test out the waters.  When they go to the media about how they were treated "unfairly" I'll make my judgement.

12 hours ago, knightfisher said:
Not sure you would be pummeled for that, but push their buttons too much....
I found most officers back in the day where pretty forgiving.  Pulled over once in
one of my muscle cars, the cop said you can definitely out race us, but you can't
beat the radio.  I met many a good cop back in my silly racing days.

You would in 51 and 52 division. Couple of my drinking buddies were too stupid to shut their yaps

I drove along the Welland canal today ...people walking the trail in hoards , just like any "summer" day . From there I drove to Port Dal. .... was going to get a coffee (gift card) at Tim. Hortons but didn't feel like waiting in a 20 car lineup at the drive through . Port was busy as ever , nice day , everybody out , parking spots full and about 10 anglers fishing from walk bridge ...looked like Toronto dwellers that frequent Port these days .....can't blame the crowds out there today,  enjoying the spring weather . 

15 hours ago, smerchly said:

looked like Toronto dwellers that frequent Port these days

I don’t think their from Toronto. From Burlington to Niagara is booming with new housing. I think this will just be the usual for now on.  St kitts wont be quiet like it use to be. 

My area has changed a lot since 81 . The 10 acre field back of me and the farm land in the front is now solid with housing , and expanding every day .  I spoke with two Asian guys last time I was at Port who said they were from Hammi . They have been doing well on the trout fishing .  Once the piers are finished the anglers should have more elbow room .(hopefully)

Went fishing last two days, was the only angler at the Niagara river at first light! all good, except for a few anglers that came from TO to fish, fish your local waters guys and we should be ok! Niagara Parks Police drove by a few times, I 🖕 and no response, lol.   No need to rock the boat!  Here are some shots:

Lake Trout.jpg

Kid fishing.jpg

22 minutes ago, steelshady said:

Went fishing last two days, was the only angler at the Niagara river at first light! all good, except for a few anglers that came from TO to fish, fish your local waters guys and we should be ok! Niagara Parks Police drove by a few times, I 🖕 and no response, lol.   No need to rock the boat!  Here are some shots:

Lake Trout.jpg

Kid fishing.jpg

Awesome fish man 

On 1/14/2021 at 3:31 PM, bigugli said:

It is not a law. It is an "emergency order'. You can interpret it however you will. I'm simply passing along the word from the premier's office.

While it is an emergency order, there is nothing they can do to stop you and the NRP and OPP said they won't be pulling people over asking for their papers, I know our PM would prefer that to happen, but they won't unless they have a reason to pull you over.

Last I heard (yesterday) "they" are hiring "enforcers" to keep us inside the coop and issue fines ??  

Maybe we need a "coup d'etat"  .....    people are getting "antsy"   :ph34r:

1 hour ago, bigugli said:

Well,  Niagara area OPP are on a COVID blitz this morning.  Be smart out there.

They are out there, but they don't seem overly concerned. I was driving around looking

for a new spot to run the dogs and passed a couple of them. I waved to them, and they

waved back. They didn't seem concerned 'at all' that I was out and about. 😎

I can guarentee for the most part, the actual officers dont give a doo-doo. They are being given orders from the higher ups, who are being directed by the province. As long as you're not a dick, or throw it in their face, they will wave back and drive on. 

If your not out driving around with others that dont live with you or having random people coming and goin from your place you shouldnt be harrassed ..if your out galavanting and socializing with others and get pulled over and or fined then you get what you deserve...you can go walk get exercise pick up curbside orders etc...ive seen cars with 4 teenagers in them to 2or 3 men sitting in a truck out front of timmies having coffee and cigarettes ...these are the dummies that will get fined..just my 2 cents

8 minutes ago, fishingking said:

If your not out driving around with others that dont live with you or having random people coming and goin from your place you shouldnt be harrassed ..if your out galavanting and socializing with others and get pulled over and or fined then you get what you deserve...you can go walk get exercise pick up curbside orders etc...ive seen cars with 4 teenagers in them to 2or 3 men sitting in a truck out front of timmies having coffee and cigarettes ...these are the dummies that will get fined..just my 2 cents

The only people who are going to be harassed are those who have neighbours who can't mind their own $&*#ing business.  I am expecting the NRP or the local public health to show up at my door at some point because of my activities (a legitimate job that still gives me hours, not some at home facebook third party marketing sales scam) and the fact I see people peeping out their windows watching the street.  You want to have a big shindig ... you deserve the fine, but you want to have someone come over for a beer, the neighbours need to suck it up.

The government is doing an exceptional job of getting people to turn on each other and hate each other (more so than we normally do).

10 minutes ago, Snags said:

The government is doing an exceptional job of getting people to turn on each other and hate each other (more so than we normally do).

Those rat finks deserve to have a big brick tossed through their "peep holes " at 3 a.m. ...  The "hoods" have really changed over the years when we knew everyone on the street and got along very well .  Now we have those "spy phones" which I sometimes would like to shove up someones ass !

Archived