Outdoor fishing and new "stay-at-home" rules

3 hours ago, bigugli said:

Back in the day, a comment like that would get you a ride on the "Cherry Beach Express"

Not sure you would be pummeled for that, but push their buttons too much....
I found most officers back in the day where pretty forgiving.  Pulled over once in
one of my muscle cars, the cop said you can definitely out race us, but you can't
beat the radio.  I met many a good cop back in my silly racing days.

The rules are crystal clear!

Stay home.  Or maybe go out.  Or get some exercise?  Don't leave your region?  Up to police chiefs?!?! You can't be pulled over?  You can be pulled over for other things and asked about your essential travel?!?!?!

"No worries though, you can fight the ticket!"

Anybody here ever fought a ticket before?  Would love to avoid that situation again!

I'm giving it a few weeks for people smarter than me and richer than me to test out the waters.  When they go to the media about how they were treated "unfairly" I'll make my judgement.

12 hours ago, knightfisher said:
Not sure you would be pummeled for that, but push their buttons too much....
I found most officers back in the day where pretty forgiving.  Pulled over once in
one of my muscle cars, the cop said you can definitely out race us, but you can't
beat the radio.  I met many a good cop back in my silly racing days.

You would in 51 and 52 division. Couple of my drinking buddies were too stupid to shut their yaps

I drove along the Welland canal today ...people walking the trail in hoards , just like any "summer" day . From there I drove to Port Dal. .... was going to get a coffee (gift card) at Tim. Hortons but didn't feel like waiting in a 20 car lineup at the drive through . Port was busy as ever , nice day , everybody out , parking spots full and about 10 anglers fishing from walk bridge ...looked like Toronto dwellers that frequent Port these days .....can't blame the crowds out there today,  enjoying the spring weather . 

15 hours ago, smerchly said:

looked like Toronto dwellers that frequent Port these days

I don’t think their from Toronto. From Burlington to Niagara is booming with new housing. I think this will just be the usual for now on.  St kitts wont be quiet like it use to be. 

My area has changed a lot since 81 . The 10 acre field back of me and the farm land in the front is now solid with housing , and expanding every day .  I spoke with two Asian guys last time I was at Port who said they were from Hammi . They have been doing well on the trout fishing .  Once the piers are finished the anglers should have more elbow room .(hopefully)

I'm sure with the piers, there will be designated fishing areas once the development is all complete. Depending on the number of boat slips to be issued in the channel. I'm sure pay parking will be introduced as well.

Edited by мормышка

Went fishing last two days, was the only angler at the Niagara river at first light! all good, except for a few anglers that came from TO to fish, fish your local waters guys and we should be ok! Niagara Parks Police drove by a few times, I 🖕 and no response, lol.   No need to rock the boat!  Here are some shots:

Lake Trout.jpg

Kid fishing.jpg

22 minutes ago, steelshady said:

Went fishing last two days, was the only angler at the Niagara river at first light! all good, except for a few anglers that came from TO to fish, fish your local waters guys and we should be ok! Niagara Parks Police drove by a few times, I 🖕 and no response, lol.   No need to rock the boat!  Here are some shots:

Lake Trout.jpg

Kid fishing.jpg

Awesome fish man