Carp on the Fly

smerchly

Got 25 minutes to spare  ?  This video is very informative to anyone wanting to try their skill at fly fishing for carp . This vid is well done with great photography ....taken somewhere at the Bay of Quinte  near Belleville  .....  some boat and shore fishing .  I enjoyed watching every minute of it !

At  3:40 , first fish on .......at 5:40 fish landed ...beauty mirror !!   

They used 8 and 9 weight rods ....12 lb. tippet about 10 ft.long....

At 19:30 they show a collection of flies used for carp .  The main thing for fishing carp in the shallow water is a soft easy presentation as they spook easily 

and won't take a fly ....

Enjoy carpreneurs !   :Gonefishing: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov1xP5Q_djQ&t=252s&ab_channel=TheNewFlyFisher

Thanks smercho ,really enjoyed that video ....got any more ??   

YEP !!   B)

Since I have more "house time" on my hands lately , I have been watching more FISHING vids ( now with unlimiited use )

It's fun watching a "new" carper catch his first carp . This vid ,with Pete Bowman was fun to watch as he introduced his son Hunter into the world of carp . They lost a couple of fish by line break offs ...using 12 lb.line ??

At 14:40 Hunter hooks a good one !  At 18:00 Pete's carp comes in at what I believe the guys said was 37 lbs ?? Me ears may be deceiving me ....cogeritis ! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU5xkAYq_oA&ab_channel=TheFish'nCanadaShow

Sorry smerch I was out when I read this post and said I’d watch it when I got home but forgot about it. I’ve hooked up once on the fly but lost it. Pier 8 was a good spot to sight fish before the construction started. 

are you going to the trailer this season? Maybe we could fish BOQ when your there. 

No probs Ty ...it's not exactly prime carp time haha !  The vids are quite long ,hence I posted the hot spots in them . I think most know how to use the red line on videos to get to the "go to" scenes quickly . I like watching the local vids rather than those from across the ocean . When I saw Pete holding that 37 lb.carp I said (to myself) ... that carp is only 20 lbs more than my p.b. for 2020   :(...with tears .  

I'm always on the lookout for bait /rig ideas .....  

My lovely neighbour brought us some rice pudding tonight ....mmmmmm ....  ( cooked rice for particle baits )  ??  :read:

Archived