Ice conditions

Ted

An ice skater went through the Rec Canal on the weekend.

Re:  Lake Gibson ... play it safe, as hydro controls the water and there could be instances where there is 6 to 12 inches of space between the ice and the water if they drop the water levels, along with trespassing charges if their security feels like it.

2 hours ago, Snags said:

Re:  Lake Gibson ... play it safe, as hydro controls the water and there could be instances where there is 6 to 12 inches of space between the ice and the water if they drop the water levels, along with trespassing charges if their security feels like it.

No legal spot to fish Gibby  , signs are posted in many places ...... other signs also about fish consumption ...

Gibson sign.jpg

2 hours ago, Snags said:

An ice skater went through the Rec Canal on the weekend.

I was told today that there was a few guys fishing the rec canal today...they said it was 3 inches most places...still a bit dodgey for me

Ice conditions are so changeable from year to year .....

January 9 , 2017 ....Beacon photo shot by Standard Newspaper ........guess who ?     :tease:

SAM_9262.jpg

10 hours ago, fishingking said:

Is it bob izumi😁

Bro Bob's brother Bill   ....   B)

4 hours ago, мормышка said:

Can't fish there anymore Smerchly. 😕

Nothing new as our spots diminish every year  like Port Marina .....garbage people are partly responsible .....:( 

I "was" going to try DC today ...got up a little late , looked at the 15*F temp.and strong north wind and chickened out ....looks like a nice day Sunday ......

So I was playing with my solo hut and tried my TinCan heater inside for 10 minutes .....nice and cozy !  Good for warming the hands or cooking up a dog or sausage on a bun !

Here's a couple shots  of the old hut with 20 patches on the left side after mice rented it for a winter ( bought it from Bowen S. many moons ago.... Notice it is complete with a stove , seat and loo ( for emergencies)  :rolleyes:

Eskimo Ice Hut.jpg

Hut with heater.jpg

I went to D C this afternoon (at about the 600 yd rowing point)after seeing 19 pop-ups and 11 guys standing out on the u

ice this morning.

Not only idI not catch anything in 11/2 hours, I never marked a thing on my fishfinder!

Possibly going back early tomorrow am at the S end of the D C road.

43 minutes ago, genec said:

I went to D C this afternoon (at about the 600 yd rowing point)after seeing 19 pop-ups and 11 guys standing out on the u

ice this morning.

Not only idI not catch anything in 11/2 hours, I never marked a thing on my fishfinder!

Possibly going back early tomorrow am at the S end of the D C road.

I was out with my daughter in dain around the 1000 marker and me and my daughter only caught 5 perch and 50 or so smelts...well she caught most of the smelts cause i had a tiny little micro jig with just the tail of a minnow they were biting 6 ft down.

Archived