Queenston launch closed?It's time to charge parking?

Fresh Fish

• Fresh Fish changed the title to Queenston launch closed?It's time to charge parking?
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/news/niagara-region/2020/11/21/niagara-parks-to-implement-fees-at-its-public-boat-launches-starting-in-2021.html
All Niagara parkway owned boat launches are going to be paid parking even for shore anglers. I believe there is 6 of them. It’s not because of a fight.  Their using the money to revamp the launches.  

Blows large that that's the only place to put a boat in the water on our side of the lower and takes away a world class winter long trout fishery.....and as if there isn't enough pressure on what little shore access is left...already limited because of the higher water levels as far as the most productive water goes....I grew up fishing the lower from about as close as you want to get to the falls to pretty much the mouth of the lake...and have seen miles of prime fishing areas disappear with the last few years taking the worst toll....what a shame!!!!!!!!!

As electric vehicles become the norm ,  will most parking spots have chargers for e.v's only ?  

Mr.Biden just announced all city vehicles will be electric ...... It may get very expensive to park'n charge... (to your credit card)  Further down the pathway ,  I can see (crystal ball)  ev'ers paying to drive by the km. on all roads . ....

"USUP"    ...you use ,you pay ....     and in the meantime .....don't think about it ....go fish !!   :Gonefishing:

2 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

.what a shame!!!!!!!!!

more like a sham  Jack .....

A sham ....most likely caused by a handful of idiots who care nothing at all about our region...our resources...and nothing but themselves .....well if you are one of those people and are reading this hoping for the people who go out there the hard way and take care of our local resources to be putting a report of thier adventures on here....good on you there bud!!!!....you just helped ruin a good thing for alot of great people who have put a lifetime into it...and took away some freedom to go out and do what they love for some people with mobility issues as well... whom otherwise would never get the chance to experience that freedom..!!!!!......for what...????...hope the trip was worth it!!!!......and come on guys!!!.....fishing and fighting shouldn't even be in the same sentence unless the fighting involves a scream from your reel 

Before Covid I would use the launch across the river. So much better, parking is great, no lineups (rarely) live bait if you want it. So for a short drive it is worth it to me. I will continue to use the US launch when borders open. The queenston launch is a joke for parking and lineups. Some people have either never learned boat launch etiquette or they just don’t care. I don’t get that on the US side. Hopefully they build a proper launch with an in and out at least and have dedicated parking for launch users with trailers. I don’t mind the cost to launch as almost every other launch has a fee and in turn is usually maintained. 

I agree steve. I'm a newer boater and wont go near Queenston launch. Me and my wife took a drive there one day and it was absolutely jammed.  Trucks couldn't turn around, guys were literally backing up down the hill in between cars parked on both sides and I said NO THANKS. Then we watched a boat come into the launch right over all the shore guys lines which almost caused another fight. I love fishing but not worth the stress

I will definitely look up the US launches as I'm only a few minutes away from the border . 

I don’t mind paying for parking if the money is used to improve and maintain the launch.  The trouble with queenston now is the location of the ramp, I can’t see how they can make it bigger unless they close all parking down below and make a giant lot above and PAVE IT! Those potholes can swallow a small suv and boat at times

On 30/01/2021 at 5:42 PM, Tyler0420 said:

I’m sure it will open back up when the lockdown eases up. 

What's the chances though...if it is a "manned"..operation that this will carry over into the winter fishing season.....man...years ago when I had my boat and went 4 or 5 times a week..a bunch of us guys would all work together keeping the ramp ice free as possible...helping eachother putting our boats in and out...share tackle and tactics...inviting the odd "regular" shore guy who may not experience this type of fishing onboard.....

those of us who where on to a hot pattern would point others to where the high fish  number areas where...ect....ect...it was all about the love of fishing...meeting some great people..making the best of a winter day on the river...instead of fighting over spots we would gladly move cars...trailers help accommodate each other....we all had a great time and  caught tonnes if fish

People moving out of T.O. in droves and buying new houses in Niagara ....expect to see a lot more fishing traffic in the future . I may need to use my bike a lot more as I live close to many spots I fish .  

Jwl 1 , you are absolutely correct we helped each other back when, we shared combinations that worked we did take shore fishermen if we had a spot in the boat.  Remembering the ol days salmon fishing channel 13 on the CB would be full of help on location and what depth and lures were working. Now on the VHF is static.  Text and cell phones are the main choice of communication. I must be getting old because I really don’t know why everything is such a big secret now a days.  Anyways times are changing but I sure do miss the good ole days.  

41 minutes ago, deetch said:

Jwl 1 , you are absolutely correct we helped each other back when, we shared combinations that worked we did take shore fishermen if we had a spot in the boat.  Remembering the ol days salmon fishing channel 13 on the CB would be full of help on location and what depth and lures were working. Now on the VHF is static.  Text and cell phones are the main choice of communication. I must be getting old because I really don’t know why everything is such a big secret now a days.  Anyways times are changing but I sure do miss the good ole days.  

I think smerch hit the nail on the head why in the post above😣 sorry to be that guy but from all the trash ive picked up at various spots and other situations ive dealt with ..seen and heard of from these $×!+heads ....most spots and hot baits are kept on the D.L......one from t.o.  5 yrs ago left the buckhorn dam in handcuffs with his vehicles and gear taken on a flatbed when the mnr mysteriously showed up at 5am to check his trunk full of coolers full of 27 walleyes and 15 bass...all without a liscense and there was another guy and woman with him that left before that with a cooler also .....dirty ignorant cheaters ruin for the rest of us unfortunately!

Im very happy that I stumbled upon NFN. I feel exactly like Tyler the other day when he said that he wished he had found this site years ago. This is one of the only sites where I've seen people actually helping one another. The other sites I tried before NFN were awful. Guys taking pictures with the backgrounds blacked out, very secretive about depths and baits, just all around no help. This site is what it's supposed to be all about.  Helping one another, and meeting new friends. 

Archived