Jump to content

Queenston launch closed?It's time to charge parking?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im very happy that I stumbled upon NFN. I feel exactly like Tyler the other day when he said that he wished he had found this site years ago. This is one of the only sites where I've seen people actua

What's the chances though...if it is a "manned"..operation that this will carry over into the winter fishing season.....man...years ago when I had my boat and went 4 or 5 times a week..a bunch of us g

Didn't used to be that way until people from hours away came and ruined em. 8 post hmmm....

Posted Images

Its still closed and the unofficial word I got it will remain closed into spring !  A few days after the public boat launch information session, Niagara parks took 12.8 million dollars of tax payers money for free and they are NOT using any of that money towards the boat ramps , send those emails to Niagara parks boys   🤬

Edited by NiagaraRiverFisher
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AwolRJ said:

Didn't used to be that way until people from hours away came and ruined em. 8 post hmmm....

That is how the covid numbers increased in Niagara too ?   

 

Some fishing spots very limited space for more than a few anglers . We tend to keep those spots private .  As many know ,  there are those who trash fishing spots with their garbage and the signs go up .......hence , most of my posted photos are "ground shots" . Queenston's an example ,during the smelt run ....garbage clean ups every day .....

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mattcrash said:

Queenston is Definitely no secret spot it’s a public boat ramp

And fishing spot .  I don't expect to see the hoards from TO dipping their nets again this spring as the covid distance rules still apply .  The fines can make for very expensive fish cakes......  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2021 at 7:03 PM, smerchly said:

That is how the covid numbers increased in Niagara too ?   

 

Some fishing spots very limited space for more than a few anglers . We tend to keep those spots private .  As many know ,  there are those who trash fishing spots with their garbage and the signs go up .......hence , most of my posted photos are "ground shots" . Queenston's an example ,during the smelt run ....garbage clean ups every day .....

And that is the reason why Niagara is still in a lockdown and the surrounding areas are not, people from out of town coming to the falls on the weekends by the 100's.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, steelshady said:

And that is the reason why Niagara is still in a lockdown and the surrounding areas are not, people from out of town coming to the falls on the weekends by the 100's.....

Hope you stay home too at St Catharine's :))) LOL

And river is open for all of us. It is not about COVID or else. Fishing anywhere I have not seen people too close to each other. however.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, antonio77 said:

Hope you stay home too at St Catharine's :))) LOL

And river is open for all of us. It is not about COVID or else. Fishing anywhere I have not seen people too close to each other. however.... 

There are lots of places you can launch a boat on the lower river besides the Queenston launch, you just need a long winch line and a 4X4 Truck 🤗

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just heard on the news we may go into the red zone tomorrow which would open up restaurants , hair salons , etc . But we have been warned it could be short lived as "newer" strains are appearing from other countries , and we will need "newer" vaccines to cope with each new strain ...... yada yada ......

  This may delay the reopening of boat launches.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, antonio77 said:

Hope you stay home too at St Catharine's :))) LOL

And river is open for all of us. It is not about COVID or else. Fishing anywhere I have not seen people too close to each other. however.... 

Trust me, I mostly fish the Niagara river/local waters which is my home turf COVID or no COVID.  

 

Yes, river is open to everyone, you can even travel up north if you wish to fish.  Just understand one thing, the doctors and the politicians don't see it that way, even though its your right, they will impose lock down after lock down just because you piss them off.... 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2021 at 7:06 PM, Mattcrash said:

Queenston is Definitely no secret spot it’s a public boat ramp

 

It isn't a secret, but for things like the smelt run, if you posted a post about a successful haul it would be packed the next night. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2021 at 8:11 AM, steelshady said:

And that is the reason why Niagara is still in a lockdown and the surrounding areas are not, people from out of town coming to the falls on the weekends by the 100's.....

 

Yet there is very little evidence of transmission from the GTA people invading Niagara.  Hell there is very little evidence of transmission on an airplane where we get packed together.  Niagara will be a mess until we get over it, or until everyone wakes up and realizes that we need one government for Niagara and not a combination of regional and municipal, none of the mayors had much of an opinion on anything and really pushed it to be a regional government issue, well outside of Niagara Falls who wants every tourist penny possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Snags said:

 

Yet there is very little evidence of transmission from the GTA people invading Niagara.  Hell there is very little evidence of transmission on an airplane where we get packed together.  Niagara will be a mess until we get over it, or until everyone wakes up and realizes that we need one government for Niagara and not a combination of regional and municipal, none of the mayors had much of an opinion on anything and really pushed it to be a regional government issue, well outside of Niagara Falls who wants every tourist penny possible.

Beware ....they have found another way to bring us the next China flu ...... It's today's Google  picture     https://www.google.com/search?q=Lantern+Festival&oi=ddle&ct=174786610&hl=en&kgmid=%2Fm%2F02clw3&source=doodle-ntp&ved=0ahUKEwi_-PGIiYnvAhUWVs0KHaneD1UQPQgB

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...