Ice fishers "heads" up

smerchly

Reading the Sun today I see the ice fishing (outdoors) thing has caught the eye of other provinces as well . We know that the sales of boats , R.V,'s , fishing gear has been crazy this year....Manitoba lakes have many more ice fishermen as well . They are now checking anglers for booze & drugs which are illegal on the ice . ...driving any vehicles while impaired can cost you your drivers license plus a fine . I believe we have the same rules here in Ontario ...... be careful .....:Gonefishing:

...a quick snip from part of the story .....

Capture.PNG

I don't know all the rules about  it . For instance ...if the MNR comes to check your license or catch ,and sees booze or smells weed can he fine you ?  If he sees you have a friend or two in your hut can he fine you for non compliance of the  CDR  (covid distance  rule) ?  Can the police or appointed city enforcement person do the same ? 

I'm fishing solo in my one man hut so no worries ...unless I have 100 perch .....:Gonefishing:  

Think I'll pass on the ice cold beer ....a nice glass of wine would go down nicer .

I don't expect to see the Covid space cadets to be checking out the icers , wearing a mask and keeping 6' away from our huts !   B) 

On 1/30/2021 at 8:01 PM, smerchly said:

Think I'll pass on the ice cold beer ....a nice glass of wine would go down nicer .

I don't expect to see the Covid space cadets to be checking out the icers , wearing a mask and keeping 6' away from our huts !   B) 

Little sip of Fireball or Brandy would be nice, a little I said😀

Archived