Lake Simcoe Jumbo Perch - Sight fishing fun!

The Ketchican Kid

Had the cameras rolling last week while fishing solo out of Virginia Beach for big yellowbellies using artificials.

There's something about sight fishing that is just so satisfying! 

ice was a consistent 7" everywhere I went and it seemed like there were lots of good fish around. I would expect there is lots of angling pressure there on weekends so I think the best option if you're thinking of going would be to really "SOCIAL DISTANCE" yourself from others to avoid the noise/pressure of other anglers.

Tight lines!

Lyle

Great vid Ketch !  You caught some hulk jumbos there  !   Your hut reminds me of the Taj Mahal ...lots of room and warm as toast ....really appealing to us old dudes !   

Nice average size fish...simcoe gets alot of pressure from people mostly catching small ones....some nice cold water eats for sure...cool on you for sharing the vids and some tactics...that's what it's all about..great learning tool for some people......oh....and nice green sock and sandal toe wedgie at the start😂

11 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

.and nice green sock and sandal toe wedgie at the start😂

The first time I met Lyle at Port Dal , west wall ,  I wasn't sure who he was until I saw his shoes  .... B)

He has come a long way in the fishing world in a few short years ! 

31 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

I’m going up tomorrow hopefully I’ll have as much luck as ketch...

Ketch'em if you can Tyler ....and have a great day ...on your birthday !!   :Gonefishing:

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

I’m going up tomorrow hopefully I’ll have as much luck as ketch...

Let me know how the parking on the ice is, last Saturday was a mess but managed to stay dry lol, I’m going again this Saturday 

1 hour ago, 88what said:

Let me know how the parking on the ice is, last Saturday was a mess but managed to stay dry lol, I’m going again this Saturday 

I’ll post a report tomorrow evening and during the day while I’m out. 

Thanks for the kind words all!

Smerch those were good times on the west wall. Hope to see you around...maybe at a local carp spot where I need your net again 😉

Good luck Tyler, lots of dinks around but a fun fishery there at VB if you get there early and find parking!

5 hours ago, The Ketchican Kid said:

Hope to see you around...maybe at a local carp spot where I need your net again 😉

Bring your fly rod , I'll lend you a kernel of plastic corn .....  B)

Good to see some newbies posting here ....

Welcome to  NFN  ....  Alex L ,  88what ,and grivertim  !   

YPM....your posts matter    :Gonefishing:

Was watching a video on the L Simcoe ice conditions today.

A guy drilled 4 holes along a line for about 50 yards ... thicknesses ranged 3”, 4 1/2”, 5” and 8 inches...crazy differences showing up there.

Lots of reports about vehicles going thru the ice, and big cracks showing up suddenly. 

Archived