Up to 3 rods

Tyler0420

I disagree with 3 rods personally. Fishing with 3 or 4 guys as some of us do at times, I can see many tangles when one gets a fish on that decides to put up a good fight and swims all over the place.

It would be nice to use 2 rods ,either solo or with a buddy  (elbow room pending)  .

If one guy is fighting a carp and his other rod gets a hit , his buddy can grab the rod . 

Fishing solo with 2 rods can be a challenge if both rods have a fish on.....Thankfully , most carp anglers us bait runner reels or keep the drag set easy  on other reels for unexpected hits .

I think they will probably compromise and make it 2 rods .  That  would make our carp fishing double the fun .  

.:Gonefishing::Gonefishing:

I would be inclined to have one rod with corn on the bottom.
The second rod with corn under a float.
And the third rod I would set up a flashy spinner bait with corn on the hook
and cast that around for those predator type carps.😎

13 minutes ago, smerchly said:

I think they will probably compromise and make it 2 rods .  That  would make our carp fishing double the fun .  

Smerch that’s what their theory was on it. Ask for 3 and settle for 2 but they agreed on the 3. So triple the fun :)

As Knightfisher said , we can try different methods with 2 or 3 rods .  I can think of many spots where I would use a float (waggler) and try different rigs and baits .  It might improve my "catch rate" !!   

55 minutes ago, smerchly said:

As Knightfisher said , we can try different methods with 2 or 3 rods .  I can think of many spots where I would use a float (waggler) and try different rigs and baits .  It might improve my "catch rate" !!   

Ya I’m pumped about that part. Maybe bottom bait ,pop up and a zig or set up at different depths. Unfortunately the spinner method will get you a ticket. There will be rules set in place. Lures and live bait won’t be an option to fish with.  

1 minute ago, мормышка said:

That's good. I say all shore people should be allow 2 rods. One for casting lures, and one for live bait. I'm sure most people wouldn't take advantage, but if you are waiting for a carp bit, why not cast for bass or pike?

In the uk you can carp and pike fish at the same time. 

A couple carp guys are in a meeting tonight to get some clarification on this. 3 different sites that says two different things. If they classify carp as a sport fish there might even be a season for them. 

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

If they classify carp as a sport fish there might even be a season for them. 

I can't see a fish with no teeth being a sport fish  lol 

since they are mostly a c & r fish and are seldom fished during the winter , no need for a season (maybe lots of seasoning when eating them) ......

I googled it & the date I saw for the proposal was June 2019 .....hopefully it will go through before next May ...

ALSO was reading the regs on chumming . As I see it , we can't use some of the minnows we caught in the same waters to chum our ice holes ?  I have ( accidentally ) dropped a few pieces of cut up dead minnows down the hatch ! 

Do the hut operators at Simcoe still chum for whitefish ? They used to leave us a pailful of salted minnows ....

10 hours ago, Snags said:

Three rods for carp irrationally angers me ... why can't I use one rod for carp and one for bass/pike ... why can't I use multiple rods for cats ... or sunfish ...

Fight for it and make it happen. Other countries can so why can’t we

Isn't it legal for 2 guys fishing from a boat in the big lakes to run 2 riggers each plus a "cheater "  which means running 4 lures each ?  Plus they have all kinds of electronics to find and stay on schools of fish ( salmon  deeper and bows running shallow)   ....quite a big advantage over shore anglers .

Two lines for carp would be fine ....running the second as Snags said .....bonus !   :Gonefishing:

While we're on the subject of c-a-r-p   (catch & release please) .....isn't that witty ?  :crazy:

Tyler ....I hope we get the word for using 2-3 rods very soon when we chase the spring carp ...

We can print out & add  to "some" of those proposal words that say we 'can' use 2 rods ....   

Getting the bug to bait up 2 rods .... :Gonefishing:

23 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

It’s already in writing. There’re  just waiting to announce it to the public for some reason. They’ll be posting about it soon but it’s already in the regs that we can. 

I googled up the MNR regs to have a look at the "latest"  news on this . ....seems to me  most anglers reading this will soon have their rod(s) in the water .   I better get this printed out .........     :Gonefishing:

Anglers reminded

5) A person who is angling for common carp may use up to three lines in the waters of fisheries management zones 12 to 20, if all of the following conditions are met:

• (a) the person is using plant-based bait or synthetic corn;

• (b) if the person is angling from a fishing vessel, all of the lines used by the person are on that vessel with the person; and

• (c) if the person is not angling from a fishing vessel, each line used by the person is within two metres of another line used by the person

Archived