Any Neil Fans Here ?

smerchly

We don't watch any movies or sports on TV or the net , but like to spend time watching fishing ......and music vids. ...so much to choose from the old entertainers . One of our favs is Neil Diamond who just turned 80 ....and had to stop touring as he has Parkinsons disease . 

This 2 hr.video came up today ...a guy named Jay White who is a dead ringer for Neil  and  his uncanny voice is exactly like Neils . We both thought it was Neil doing the 2 hr.special on his birthday . I am still in awe as I watch and listen to Jay sing and recreate Neil's persona , movements and looks .

We watched the first hour of music and some talk about his life ...just incredible (to us)  . 

If there are some older folks here that have appreciated Neil Diamond's music....have a look at the vid below .   It's great to see Neil's music being kept alive by talented people like Jay White .  (  I'm a happy camper now that I have unlimited viewing )   :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6INbpMfFY7k&t=4159s&ab_channel=THESWEETCAROLINETOURstarringJAYWHITE

And while I'm on the "old" subject ..... we old timers still appreciate seeing the cars we drove / liked in our younger days .

I liked the big buggies of the past ....especially this one that was ahead of it's time on design ......know what it is ...old guys ?  

old black car.jpg

2 hours ago, мормышка said:

Looks Pontiac. Regardless, it looks good.

Well you are close ....same manufacturer but ya got to go bigger .....

9 hours ago, NiagaraRiverFisher said:

I know what it is, but I'm not old. 🤐 

Name that tune & the year kiddo.....B)

1 hour ago, NiagaraRiverFisher said:

72 buick Riviera Boat tail . its a beauty! the 65 Riviera GS is one of my faves.

You got it ....71 -72 look the same . I  had a beauty 1960 Buick LeSabre rag top , all black when I got married . (1st time) ,then had another 60 Buick Wagon  (red hurse)  Both had the dynaflow tranny which had no shift feel at all...just like an electric car.  Always liked the big boats , like the Wildcat , Roadmaster , and Oldsmobiles 

Oh yes ...gas was about 10 cents per liter .....:P

....here she is ....my wed car ( another google picture) ...went to Lake of Bays with it on honeymoon....

1960 Buick..PNG

On 2/15/2021 at 11:48 AM, bigugli said:

And here I was thinking Canadian content like  Neil Young or Neil Peart

They don't come close to Diamonds talent (or looks)  lol

But we do have Canadian content on cars Bruce !   We are the first to have electric vehicles (EV's)??    . I saw them years ago at most golf courses .....   :P

A 7.5 under the hood !   Premium gas ?    

Many of those old cars had nice lines ....then they went to the "box"  

I think they got carried away a tad in 1959 ...like the 59 Buick , Caddy, and Chevy . I had a 59 Chev and a strong side wind would get you airborne !  ha !

2 hours ago, мормышка said:

All in anticipation of the future "flying car" as the next thing.

I can see two flying mobiles crashing over my house .......

Imagine a police chase ??

I hope they can float  on water .....   :Gonefishing:

5 hours ago, мормышка said:

Whatever happened to the Amphicar idea?

Last time I saw one was at our trailer park in Deseronto . 

That was way back in 2007 .  ...pretty neat watching it going down the ramp into the lake ! 

amphi-car.jpg

5 hours ago, мормышка said:

Kudos to whomever came up with that idea. 

Sure would come in handy to take a shortcut ,  like to T.O. ....might need a Buick in choppy water ....

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2021 at 1:57 PM, smerchly said:

Last time I saw one was at our trailer park in Deseronto . 

That was way back in 2007 .  ...pretty neat watching it going down the ramp into the lake ! 

amphi-car.jpg

They have a small fleet in Disney World

Archived