Kibosh on fishing ?

smerchly

I guess most didn't get out today after that nice snowfall event last night ......about 30 cm fell here and I spent many hours on the blower ( belt came off pulley)  :angry: ...did a couple of neighbours driveways ,and lots of shoveling !   Every muscle and bone is saying " HEY" !! :glare:

There will be heavy snow (deep) on the ice and parking may be a problem at some spots if not plowed ....

I hope to see some ice reports and conditions out there ...  :Gonefishing:

"They"  say ,  do not rest the next day if you are aching all over ....work it out and you will feel fine !! 

So I shoveled the front and back decks today ...2' deep on each ....

They lied .   :slap:

51 minutes ago, smerchly said:

"They"  say ,  do not rest the next day if you are aching all over ....work it out and you will feel fine !! 

So I shoveled the front and back decks today ...2' deep on each ....

They lied .   :slap:

That rule only applies to those< 50 Bill! For those over 50 the rule changes to “work 1 day....R&R the next 2, with suitable libation!”  😉

I haven't looked in the mirror lately Gene ....I shave in the dark now .

But the bones don't lie !  I'll be 78 in a few weeks but my mind still thinks I'm 30....

My Dad was 77 when he passed ....I always got a kick when he was playing the piano and 

singing a George Burns song  "I wish I was 18 again"  . George was 100 !   

I feel fine now ....just finished a 40 oz. of Crown Royal ....   B)    

My report, arrived at 7;45 am and was lots out fishing already, got on the ice at the ramp at the yacht club but was sketchy, I wore my high boots didn't brake through.:worthy: Stayed on the trail going out, not to far, ended up fishing in-front of the club house. Got set up in 15 FOW with one rod with minnows and other jigging with a Buckshot and minnow. I couldn't believe the fish on my sonar screen, marks kept coming and going:dunno: but not interested in what I had.:dunno: Lots of people were coming and going all the time I was there. I had enough, and left at 3;15 not one tap:crazy::dunno:.

I talked to a few guys that said they have better results late afternoon till dark.

"Watch" going off, I stepped through the ice at the ramp getting off,😱 lucky I had high boots.

Ice I fished on was 7" , was some slushy places walking out.:crazy:

Be Careful.

Better luck next time:D

7 minutes ago, Fish Farmer said:

My report, arrived at 7;45 am and was lots out fishing already

Thanks for the report Dave ....  looks like a "high pressure" area   ;) .....and fish don't like high pressure ?   

When you know they're down there ......  and the buggers ignore your treats ,  it's maddening !!!  :crazy:

Good thing to have those tall boots on there !   I have Baffin boots ...leather sides , very heavy and cumbersome to walk any distance and would probably sink me if I fell through ......

speaking of Baffin.......TO Sun today ...

https://torontosun.com/shopping-essentials/canada-goose-acquired-baffin-boots-for-good-reason

Some nice booties there ...up to $300 with tax ........

No where does it say where they are manufactured ....Mine were "Made in China" .....label on them.

The boots she wore in the story were "warm" as she walked in them .....The real test is sitting by the ice hole with boots firmly planted in the snow . I can walk in cheap boots and keep my feet warm ....even more if I could run .....:D

41 minutes ago, genec said:

Thats why I love my Shappell hut with the carpeted floor - just keeping your boots OFF the ice all the time you are out makes for a much more pleasant time fishing!

I take 2 of those !/2" thick rubber mats that snap together as Mark uses in his hut . I cut the tabs off as I use one for my boots and one for keeping some gear dry . I have more if needed .  Using a heater in a hut with no floor causes water to form .  Nice to have an insulated hut with a floor Gene .

Archived