Google Chrome

smerchly

Since I switched form the old antiquated Firefox ,  I have had a hard time getting used to Chrome ....still haven't figured out how to get a menu bar at the top left of my screen like I had on firefox . Today , I was trying to find the history for today's post here on NFN , went to Google & it said hit ctrl + H  ....All of today's history appeared instantly !  

At the end of the day I hit the 3 dots at the top right and clear my history and cookies ( need to type in passwords after that)  .

....another little trick I sometimes need is to enlarge the print or a picture .....just press ctrl and use the scroll  !  

I'm staring to feel like a pc guru .....    :pardon:

When you say menu... that can mean a lot of things. Was it a favourites/bookmarks menu or was there something else in it. Let us know what content was there and we might be able to help you get one there. The thing to keep in mind with google isthat as much as you clear things out, google saves everything on their side.

My menu bar on Firefox was a black line at the top left where I could go to 

File  Edit  View Tools Help

I've been using my new snipping tool to do it lately   and using ctrl + H for showing detailed history .

There is a hollow star at the right side near the top when your on a site . Click on the star then choose bookmark bar. next time you log in that will appear at the top. The sites that you bookmark will appear ina horizontal line across the top. When the top is full the remainder will be seen in a vertical list going down the right side of your screen.

Hope this helps

Thanks Staffman .... I do like Chrome , it's very fast on my old pc  ( in conjunction with my new high speed modem)   I have a big list of bookmarks that were imported from my old Firefox that drops down with one click . Any new bookmarks will be added with the star . 

Archived