Hammi Pier

smerchly

Saw on the CH News tonight  they are talking about banning people from using the pier ....seems there was a lawsuit in 2017 now being addressed in the courts ? 

Seems like we getting to be like Americans .....like suing and getting thousands for spilling a coffee on ones lap . I don't know what's behind this and I hope they don't close it down ....How about a sign "Use at your own risk" ??   ...or Don't eat the fish"   ...

Taking access away is an easy way to prevent lawsuits.  Regardless of the signage USE AT OWN RISK, a good lawyer will try.  Canada is not like the US in the compensation side of lawsuits, however the easy way to stop them is to shut them down.  See how many waters that hydro uses and they have shut people away from, while it is for your own safety, it is also cause they don't want to deal with a lawsuit regardless of how stupid you may be.

Never caught anything off the pier but I hear at the right time of year it’s pretty good for carp.  

did they slip on some goose $hit, now suing for it not being cleaned up?

why can’t people just work instead of finding an easy way out. 

Unfortunately, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Those who female dog and scream the loudest get what they want, doesn't seem to matter if it makes sense...right Mr. Potato Head?

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/opinion/2021/02/26/mr-potato-head-finds-himself-in-a-half-baked-gender-controversy-why-are-adults-bringing-the-culture-wars-to-the-toy-closet.html

25 minutes ago, Bubba14 said:

Unfortunately, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Those who  b-i-t-c-h and scream the loudest get what they want, doesn't seem to matter if it makes sense...right Mr. Potato Head?

This will start a never ending war on our culture . There are plenty of products which will need to be "neutered " . Barbi and Ken doll will need to be "twins"  .  The femmes today still strive to look like Barbi  lol....tall , thin , big eyes with the brow painted on the forehead, glued on eye lashes , painted face , "enhanced  lips" & hips

, coloured hair do's , ear trinkets , and the "perfect frame , (  36-24-36 ) ...or 44 -22-44  :o  .   Isn't it great what they do for us chauvinistic males !   :wub:.  Carry on ladies !!   

Me thinks the weed is too strong these days . Maybe the covid isolation has created so much boredom among some people they have nothing better to do than try to neuter the world . It ain't gonna work !!  

Keep up the fight Miss Barbi and Mr.Ken !!   :clapping:

.....time to eat my pan cakes now,,, with Mrs.Butterworth's syrup  .....my aunt Jemima is awol .....:Gonefishing:

I read some of the Spec today but cannot find anything on the pier situation ( Sun Media blocks non paying members from reading full stories ),,,, lots of other papers to read)  !  

I  did the petition ...then they said "no hyphen in phone number" so I used straight numbers no hyphen no spacing . Then copy a code number ... At the end they show a pen and want a signature ?  ....I tried , but not !  I think they want to make it difficult to get what they want to impose on us ...... 

I fear the same fate for Port Dalhousie  peers ..... we MUST stop this ! 

Tried again .....and a page comes up to sign in , pass word , etc . then asked if you are an " E -Petitioner " . do they want to see my bank book as well ?   I hope we can get thousands of people (and the mayor) to show up at the piers ....numbers matter !  

11 minutes ago, Bubba14 said:

Done

Did you get a confirmation Scott ?  My  post may have went through , will wait and see and try again .

Signed, Although I don't fish the pier any access that we can help avoid losing we should all stand together to help prevent because it could be your favorite spot next.

So much access has already disappeared in the last 20 years and will continue to do so. 

Many more people are getting into outdoor activities , a result of the c19 .....I expect to see more people fishing  as more are fishing from shore  , more interest in carp fishing , and enjoying being out doors . We need to keep the fishing spots we have left OPEN  !!   Keep our tackle shops in business !!   

• 2 weeks later...

Archived