Just Vaccinated

Mbocco

If you asked me 3 months ago, I was definitely not getting vaccinated.  But I  reconsidered now that millions of people have been vaccinated ..... so I just got my first shot.  2nd shot Easter Sunday. 

Now I am being tracked and my DNA is at the mercy of Pfizer.  But, if it gets me on a plane to Florida faster than so be it.   What we won’t do for fishing! 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife who is a nurse just got her second dose this past week. Looks like the rest of us will be waiting a while yet. Hopefully we don't end up like this guy that left a message on his friends answering machine. HA

AUDIO-202.amr

Now we have these mutations and different vaccines ....think I'll wait at the end of the line for a while . If and when I accept the proof of da proof ...... I may get a shot ( after asking my doctor first ,considering I'm on blood thinners and a statin drug  . They botched my colonoscopy because I was on a statin  ! I repeated the process with a real doctor ! 

On the other hand ....I have an old friend who I have fished and hunted with since childhood . He is in a  LTC home  and no one can enter without    getting the shot(s) . I haven't been able to see him for over a year ....When (if) they allow visitors to visit patients again , I will get vaccinated pronto !  I'll be 78 next week...... time moves on .....

2 hours ago, Mbocco said:

No issue with those meds Smerch. 

Thanks doc....the statins have side effects like muscle pain , and I'm on Pravastatin which helps with that issue ...used more on older people like myself . I checked it out for vitamin/mineral compatibility and it said be careful with vitamin E . I try to eat foods that help "energize" this old kid .  ( mixed nuts , banana's , veggies etc etc) .....and my porridge ! Need to keep in shape for those big ones   B)

Isn't aging wonderful Bill?

I have diverticulitis, and 2 years ago my doctor told me NO SEEDS or NUTS!

I used to eat nuts every day...boy do I miss them!  
Also love raspberry jam...now have to get the seedless raspberry jam.

39 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Thanks doc....the statins have side effects like muscle pain , and I'm on Pravastatin which helps with that issue ...used more on older people like myself . I checked it out for vitamin/mineral compatibility and it said be careful with vitamin E . I try to eat foods that help "energize" this old kid .  ( mixed nuts , banana's , veggies etc etc) .....and my porridge ! Need to keep in shape for those big ones   B)

Vitamins are totally fine also with the vaccine.  I haven’t recommended supplementing Vit.E in a long time.  Evidence was conflicting and in some

cases negative.  So especially if you eat nuts I would probably stop taking that altogether. 

Thanks again  , I was also warned about eating too many nuts per day ( like almonds)  ...just one hand full of mixed nuts per day is sufficient . I have over done it a few times and Montezuma got his revenge !!   Also need to watch adding a few too many grapes in the mix ......      ....nothing worse than fighting that big one when .........  :unsure:.....

...presently taking vit.D , and magnesium .....I suppose they ask people what meds and supplements they take before the jab ? 

Here’s a link to the consent form.  This is all they ask about...

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/coronavirus/docs/vaccine/COVID-19_vaccine_screening_consent_form.pdf

Even if the answer to some of these is yes, it is still ok, just more caution.  They make you stay longer than 15min after if you have allergy or autoimmune issues. 

Thank you for that posting the consent form . ....just a couple of concerns in my case about blood thinners as I bleed easily  ,using Ramipril  for 5 years ,   have a stent ,  and allergic to penicillin and other like "cillins" like amoxicillin ...

I have more concern for my child bearing grand kids  and their kids taking these quickly made concoctions ....We don't know the long term effects ...yet .  

I won’t disagree at all with the long term concern part.  I also wonder if this new type of vaccine will have some unexpected (or even worse...expected!!) effects years from now.  I joke about it but I just allowed a vaccine to make a change in my DNA!  What’s next I wonder?

But, as far as the worry about the quickly made part.... that is actually not likely an issue.  This vaccine has now been tested on way more people than other vaccines.  So many people have received it.  That’s not normally what happens.  It has passed with flying colours (at least that’s we are told to believe).  Also, steps were not skipped or shortened.  Steps were done simultaneously which can’t normally happen but was allowed to happen because of the pandemic.  So I don’t feel worried that this was a rush job. Overall there has been significantly more time, and resources worldwide put into this vaccine. 

Good thing I would be exempt with my condition. I would never volunteer to take a not properely trialed 5 month old vaccine (not even tested on animals) for something with a 99.6% recovery rate. If you experience adverse health effects, you are on your own. If you were "forced" somehow, MAYBE you can have a case.

You can check out CDC's "Vaccine Adverse Effects Reporting System or VAERS". Fill in the search for "covid-19 vaccine, all makes are there). The immediate effects vary from extreme (death) to disabling neurological disorders, breathing issues, severe flu,  down to localized soreness/rash. Everybody is different. Long term, nobody knows.

As a "patient",  we are told to trust the science . And scientists themselves have differences of "opinions"  . Over the last 90-100 years or so ,  humans have been injected with various vaccines .....I remember getting a shot while in class ,grade 8  , 1958 ....We were "told" to line up in the hallway and get a vaccine shot...one fellow passed out ten minutes after his shot !   Now we can add rabies shots, shingles , and "other" flu shots to the list . My "uneducated" concern , as a pin cushion , is  there anything left of my natural immune system ?  

More questions than  answers .....it's a crap shoot I suppose ...... bowl of cherries  ....

2 hours ago, Mbocco said:

I just want to travel again.

This "dampenic" is the worst thing since I was born in 43 ...There are so many things we miss out on while being isolated and the  wearing of masks is frightening as we wonder what is next ?

What I hate most is not being able to visit my old friends to do the simple things we enjoyed , from playing cards to bbq's  and back yard gatherings .  Some friends are in poor health , one in LTC and I fear I may never see them again ..

Many are losing trust in our governments and our news sources who are governed by BIG business . Fake news is real and that's sad .  Many now look to other news sources to  find " the rest of the story" ...

I hope we can put all of this crap away for good ,  but I'm not very optimistic as the density of the world population increases every second ....

I have been to Florida  just one time for a week .....wasn't impressed with the "holiday crowds"  ..... no inclination to go again .  I like the solitude of our north better . If I had the money , I buy a small island and a little shack ......

island.PNG

I have been very reluctant to get the shot to be a part of the "herd immunity" ,even more so now that more  covid vaccine "brand names" are emerging ....and covid variants ... We now have Pfizer , Moderna , Astra Zeneca , Johnson & Johnson  .

We could have our own "Canadiana" brand and lots of it , and much earlier after Brian Mulroney sold us out to BIG pharma which stand to make billions  from the vaccines , but we may get cheaper vaccine from India .... Maybe I should be investing in the vaccine "market"   ?  (sanitizers , masks , gloves ) 

The main problem today for many (like me) is the NEWS , which I now believe much is fake and controlled by the billionaires of this world .  That makes it difficult to believe what politicians say , what scientists  say and lastly what they tell us about covid number nineteen .  TO numbers are high and they come here daily ...:dunno:

I was a bit surprised to see this article written by a woman  as I think men are more "negative" towards politics , etc.  As I said before , I'll wait .....and wait  ,  until such time I  can visit  close friends or family in LTC ....

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/ts/politics/political-opinion/2021/03/01/pandemic-weary-canadians-are-ready-to-go-shopping-covid-19-vaccines-are-a-bad-place-to-start.html?rf 

Smerch, there aren't any Canadian pharma companies big enough to develop and manufacture drugs like this. Each of these vaccines are uniquely different as every drug ends up patented. Even if a Canadian pharma company did come up with something chances are it wouldn't be manufactured here. I used to work for the largest Canadian pharma company and most of the active pharma ingredients were manufactured in India or China.

What people need to realize is that these injections do not prevent people from being infected or transmitting Covid. The whole thought of "no travel without being vaccinated" is a scam, 100%. All of the manufacturers of these "vaccines" even say up front that it doesn't prevent infection which is why even after the shots you still need to wear a mask, disinfect and social distance. If the injections were true vaccines none of the existing precations would be neccessary after vaccination.

I have read a few articles about our capacity to produce vaccines in large quantities ....as usual , don't know who to believe these days  as  news media has their own biased agendas .  One writer said we could have a large drug manufacturing plant since Mulroney shut down the plant . 

A short quote taken from B.Lilley , writer for the Sun....

"This might be a good time for the Trudeau government to reconsider seeking domestic production rights for vaccines. Despite claims to the contrary, Canada still has significant capacity to make vaccines, including plants in Toronto, Montreal and Quebec City."

I’m not going to get into any arguments here but yes although vaccines don’t prevent infection they will most definitely significantly reduce virus transmission and time will tell if vaccines will be required to travel, cross borders, play sports, attend sporting events, go to the movies, etc.  We will see b

16 hours ago, Mbocco said:

I’m not going to get into any arguments here but yes although vaccines don’t prevent infection they will most definitely significantly reduce virus transmission and time will tell if vaccines will be required to travel, cross borders, play sports, attend sporting events, go to the movies, etc.  We will see b

I don't want to argue either but mRNA based vaccines do not prevent anything. They simply teach the body how to suppress the symptoms. It's a false sense of security in that they are misleading people to think they are immune to covid by getting this injection.

After reading Lilley's column in the Sun this morning  and reading the comments which were very anti covid 19 vaccine,  I will fight for my rights to have a "choice" . If employers are given the right to fire employees who do not have their "pass card"  , or Walmart greeters ask to see your "pass" card ....then we have reached total government control ...as in "China" .  Many can see "the writing on the wall" . ...actually sad to see so many people have no trust left in our government(s) . 

3 hours ago, corey said:

I don't want to argue either but mRNA based vaccines do not prevent anything. They simply teach the body how to suppress the symptoms. It's a false sense of security in that they are misleading people to think they are immune to covid by getting this injection.

All vaccinations, mRNA or otherwise do exactly that, albeit in different ways.  Believe me, I’m not a fan of the mRNA idea yet, but all other vaccine styles versus covid have proven less effective.  I do worry that allowing a vaccine to program my DNA is concerning. We can agree on that for sure. 

NO vaccines prevent infection.  I also agree with that 100%.  The vaccine essentially gives you a head start on an immune response once you are exposed. 

So absolutely, vaccine or not you can still be exposed and likely you will eventually be infected.  No different than the common cold most people get year after year.  The hopeful difference is that your body will quickly mount an immune response against covid so that you will either not get sick at all, or perhaps just mildly ill.

Are you contagious when you are not symptomatic?  Not likely to any significant degree.  That’s the value of the vaccine. 

There is SO much more to learn about this flu - demic  . More vaccines are being "tested" with various "strings attached .  A  vaccine called Sinovac  should be the best of the best as it is made in China , the original home of the  "C-19" !    We could get the jab at our local Walmart and get points on your card ......and the WHO is endorsing this fantastic break through ...how can we go wong ......?

The more I read about the vaccines , the more  wary I become ..... 

This , from the BBC , my main source of info , is interesting  , but for now .....no thank you .....

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-55212787

Archived