Just Vaccinated

Mbocco

Just now, Surf and Turf said:

If you are to question the science on these vaccines, the big decision to question is Health Canada's blessing to increase the time between the first and second doses to four months. That one is a totally political hail of mary due to shortage of vaccines. They are even delaying the second dose now for front line health care workers as we speak.

That’s true.  Very concerning.  My 2nd dose has not been delayed yet though. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Mbocco said:

That’s true.  Very concerning.  My 2nd dose has not been delayed yet though. 

Some of my wife's colleagues that were due for their second doses last week and this week have now been postponed. Both doctors and nurses.

One of my main concerns is our children ,  and their children  , concerning their immune system and reproductive issues . We don't know ...yet .  Will parents force their kids , from infants to teens to take the shots ?  Will some teens rebel ? Babies have no choice so tough luck kiddo .  

The latest report , just read today , answers some of my questions in this paragraph ..... Who would volunteer their kids bodies to this 'science' ....maybe offer some cash for being guinea pigs ?  

Moderna said this week it wants to recruit an unspecified number of Canadian children aged six months to 12 years for upcoming trials of its COVID-19 vaccine, while Johnson & Johnson is poised to run trials for its vaccine with 12- to 17-year-olds.

Question I would ask is, could one sue if the child died or do you have to sign a waiver.

I can't understand how anyone would volunteer themselves or their children to take a chance on death or sickness.

I’m having a hard time accepting why we even need to vaccinate the kids.  They simply don’t get that sick and the death rate in kids is almost negligible.  Influenza is far more dangerous.  The question is are they spreading the virus?  With all the asymptotic testing they are now doing in the schools, hopefully that question can be answered.  Until then, NO WAY my kids would get the vaccine.  I’m happy to let their immune systems naturally create immunity after exposure (which likely has already happened anyway).  

Earlier Smerch you wondered if you asked your pharmacist if they took the shot or were planning to?   If you asked me in December, January I would have been very unsure, and leaning towards no.  But as I did my due diligence and watched as the rest of the world starting getting vaccinated I ultimately chose to get it. In the end I believe the lockdown is having horribly negative consequences on society and I believe the vaccine is necessary (like it or not) to get the world back to normal.  Hope I don’t regret that decision in 5 years. 

17 hours ago, Mbocco said:

Im not trying to convince anyone of anything.  But what I said about the approval process of these vaccines is 100% fact.  Take it or leave it. Make your own informed or uninformed decision. 

Proof?

6 hours ago, Mbocco said:

Hope I don’t regret that decision in 5 years. 

Thanks for your answers to my question concerning our children . They need to be back in school socializing with others , not stuck at home in front of a screen .  As it stands now , if they get "the flu" they will survive and build up a tolerance , but keep them away from grandma for two weeks or more . 

Most people will go with the "odds" , driven by the media hype and hope they made the right decision . Others may think of the c19 as just another flu ,  take an aspirin , drink lots of fluids , and get plenty of rest ....hoping their own bodies will build a natural immunity to the c19 -20 -21 -etc.

Many people these days are living a more  'natural' lifestyle and eliminating foods with added this and that (chemicals) , eliminating meat , eating organic foods , taking natural vitamins & minerals etc . I would bet these people do not care to have this foreign substance injected into their bodies . I hope our government can respect that . 

1 hour ago, мормышка said:

There has never, ever been a safe and effective vaccine for any coronavirus in history.

Hopefully these ones are the first.

In truth we have not really needed a vaccine for any other coronavirus. This one, for whatever reason, is far more contagious in general, and far more dangerous to certain population groups (not all though!!). 

I respect your opinion though because I know you have done your own investigations.  I also 100% support everyone’s right to make their own choice. 

11 hours ago, Mbocco said:

I respect your opinion though because I know you have done your own investigations.  I also 100% support everyone’s right to make their own choice. 

Agree !   .......  But there are ways to make that choice diminish .......   I hope there are many thousands who show these politicians were are all not mice and  get large numbers to invade any place demanding to stop the "unwashed" ....masked or unmasked .  

They are now talking about a 3 week shutdown of the golden Horseshoe . The host mentioned how people in heavily populated areas like T.O. move about to other locations to shop or visit .  This proposed shut down like we had in the spring may affect our fishing from boats .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHrbp_bCCxk&ab_channel=CTVNews

...and this .....

B.C. premier expects those who are vaccinated will get the flexibility to do more

Those vaccinated will have more flexibility ‘because they are less risk to the people around them’

3 hours ago, мормышка said:

Technically its not a vaccine under its own definition.

It's a "feel good"  word .....   

After reading the comments posted on the CTV  News report above , there seems to be a large (majority) ?  of those who prefer the freedom of choice ....nice to see there are plenty of free thinkers left .

Let's hope this experimental injection  doesn't develop  into another horror story . I do hope it works out well for those who took the "jab"  .  My sis is at odds with me as she (76) thinks I'm nuts not getting it . I told her to check with her doc.as she has heart problems, high b.p. and  copd  .  Wearing her mask is bad enough for her breathing ...

My parents are your age.  They are signing up first thing Monday as 75+ will now be eligible.  For them it’s a no brainer in their opinion to get out of social lockdown.  I agree with them. 

Do they have any  medical issues MB ?  In my case for example, I have high b.p. , have a stent , take meds  (blood thinner ) and a statin which still causes side effects . I had to find a doctor that would perform a colonoscopy because I'm on the statin .  One place did a "fake" colonoscopy and was later charged as others came forward .....f'n crooks !

That is just one reason for me to be "reluctant" to trust either our governments or the "experts" . 

Lockdown for Niagara on the way  ?   .... reports of over 1700 more c 19 today .....compliments of T.O. travelers .....

4 hours ago, smerchly said:

Do they have any  medical issues MB ?  In my case for example, I have high b.p. , have a stent , take meds  (blood thinner ) and a statin which still causes side effects . I had to find a doctor that would perform a colonoscopy because I'm on the statin .  One place did a "fake" colonoscopy and was later charged as others came forward .....f'n crooks !

That is just one reason for me to be "reluctant" to trust either our governments or the "experts" . 

Lockdown for Niagara on the way  ?   .... reports of over 1700 more c 19 today .....compliments of T.O. travelers .....

Both my parents take statins for cholesterol (even though I have a love/hate relationship with those drugs).  My mom has a mild heart issue.  My dad had a heart attack and quadruple bypass 15 years ago and takes the usual concoction of post MI drugs for BP, heart and cholesterol.  

None of that really creates additional risk in taking the vaccine in my opinion.  One could argue that those risk factors make it more important to get the vaccine!  I personally believe that the greatest risk factor is obesity and type 2 diabetes.  Again...my opinion but data does support that. 

Blood thinners should be no issue.  In fact with the negative press on the Astra Zeneca vaccine and blood clots (which is also ridiculous), a blood thinner would be helpful. 

There is definitely chatter about a full on, New Zealand style Golden Horseshoe lockdown (or lockup as I call it) for 3 weeks.  I don’t think it will actually happen though. 

Thank you for all that info pertaining to my health issues . Your dad was only 60 ish and had bypass surgery  , and no worries about side effects from the shot in the arm . I suppose as I said earlier ,  the negative effects "may" show up down the road (months /years) in our younger people (immune and reproductive systems) , still some unknown long term things to consider .  

....and those statins  , I know what you mean !  I check out any prescribed drugs I take and only get more confused !  ...e.g. ,been on Ramipril for about 4 years ....Now I read 'no longer than 2 years ' , don't eat bananas , don't take potassium , aspirin ,  nuts !  I eat this every day !  It's temping to chuck all those "pills" ....and go veggie .... !

On 3/19/2021 at 9:38 AM, smerchly said:

It's a "feel good"  word .....   

After reading the comments posted on the CTV  News report above , there seems to be a large (majority) ?  of those who prefer the freedom of choice ....nice to see there are plenty of free thinkers left .

As smerch said .......   The NICE weather is here , spring is in the air and people have had enough of being locked out of their lives .  Mass protests have begun around the world  including Toronto where c19 remains with  high numbers .

I am a little surprised at the number of peaceful protesters who show up in T.O. 

Just the beginning .........

Time to break out the rods tomorrow ...18*C !!   Putting c19 on the back burner for the soft water season !   :Gonefishing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvyXyGjXmfc&ab_channel=TORONTOWALK%26DRIVE

Archived