Shore fishing at Rameys???

boogaloo

Does anyone shore fish at Rameys Bend?? Just wondering. I plan to put my kayak in there and magnet fish for the Swiss Army knife that I lost down the hole. LOL...................Daniel

On 3/13/2021 at 5:37 PM, Chrisb said:

Since that place was used for ship salvage, you will probably find lots of stuff with your magnet.

hope your magnet isn't too strong Boogs !  I have fished there from shore ...about 10' deep then and didn't get hung up on the bottom . ...no fish either !  

When it warms up. Ill throw my magnet in there. I picked up the magnet fishing hobby this past summer. Where about were you and what was the knife. If I get it. I'll post here and get it back to you. Normally we go to catch anything it be nice to have a challenge. I could see alot of scrap coming out of there.

18 hours ago, shortys said:

When it warms up. Ill throw my magnet in there. I picked up the magnet fishing hobby this past summer. Where about were you and what was the knife. If I get it. I'll post here and get it back to you. Normally we go to catch anything it be nice to have a challenge. I could see alot of scrap coming out of there.

It was a nice red multi bladed Swiss Army knife. It went down a hole approximately in the middle of the channel and maybe about 100 feet South West of where the big culvert empties into the water. Thanks for trying............................Daniel

3 hours ago, dave524 said:

As a kid we would get a bunch of good sized chubs out of the creek at Effingham and fish them under a bobber at Rameys for pike, did ok but that was 50 + years ago.

I would like to do a carp trip there this year . There is probably some good spots there like at the culvert or at the back end in shallower water ,  I  think the chubs are better bait than minnows , and for walleye as well .

Daniel ....saw a video of a diver who retrieved a lost Swiss Army knife  in very brackish water .  I think a good magnet will pick it up .   Good luck !  

3 hours ago, smerchly said:

Daniel ....saw a video of a diver who retrieved a lost Swiss Army knife  in very brackish water .  I think a good magnet will pick it up .   Good luck !  

Thanks Bill, gives me some hope.:worthy:

Archived