Shore Fishing

Bob Jr.

Rocky...shallow....slime covered bottom...and busy in the warm water season.....that being said if you can figure out a presentation to stay out of the snags and the slime....perch...walleye...smallies....but not an ideal fishing spot you gotta work for them

Haha...that reminds me of being a little kid...scrounging up whatever we could for tackle and bait....rocks...nuts and bolts....find a worm under a rock...catch a sunfish....cut up the sunfish and use it to catch 100 more

Back on topic...with bait a slip float big enough to cast way out...but as mentioned..that's area...and down stream by where the palm wood was....not a very ideal fishing spot...too shallow in a big part of it....gets bad for slimy weeds when the water is warm....and it's a zoo of boat traffic ect..

2 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

Haha...that reminds me of being a little kid...scrounging up whatever we could for tackle and bait....rocks...nuts and bolts....find a worm under a rock...catch a sunfish....cut up the sunfish and use it to catch 100 more

I remember using nuts & bolts etc.very well and making "sinkers" by melting scrap lead in a tin can over an open fire and using clay for a mold  ... and collecting worms under old cow paddies .... 

On 3/15/2021 at 6:21 PM, Jwl1 said:

Rocky...shallow....slime covered bottom.

I use a float to find the depth at shore spots , then adjust the float to keep the bait a foot off bottom . If using weights , I tie the hooks higher on the line and keep the tip of the rod high . 

How about tossing small crank baits over those rocks ?

Archived