Jordan Harbour access

Jimmy9_1

Has anyone been to Jordan Harbour lately? I was going to do some fishing after work tonight but they've posted no trespassing signs as well as a sign saying vehicles may be towed. I did try emailing the hotel and the marina there with no reply. Just wondering if anyone on here had any more insight into it. 

I did end up fishing further west of the marina in vineland with no luck, but the fresh air was worth the lost lure! I had great luck there last spring, but I think the lower water levels are not going to allow for that kind of success this year.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, A cacher said:

If you are in a kayak you can launch yourself from the bailey bridge.

True but it’s a bit of a paddle from there.  The conservation area is also right there at the northwest corner of the harbour and free when open. 

Hoping to see the gates open there soon .  We lost a couple years because Lake Ont. flooded the area including inside the building and parking lot . Now...the lake is too low !  The lake level is controlled by the dam at Cornwall , one would think they could keep the lake closer to normal levels .  

Remember ,no outboard motors allowed to launch there .  :Gonefishing:

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I should clarify I was fishing from shore, and wanted to access the break wall at the qew overpass. I emailed the hotel and got a response which I'll share, looks like the area is off limits now which is very unfortunate.

Here is the email I received:

Yes – access to the beach and break wall are restricted. The marina is a private business and access to the docks is for members only. Fishing is permitted on the lake side only by boat – which can be launched from our property (launch fee applies).

Jordan Harbour – part of the Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority – does allow passive activities such as hiking, canoeing and fishing. Here is a link to their website: 

Jordan Harbour | Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority (npca.ca)

4 hours ago, Jimmy9_1 said:

I should clarify I was fishing from shore, and wanted to access the break wall at the qew overpass. I emailed the hotel and got a response which I'll share, looks like the area is off limits now which is very unfortunate.

Yes – access to the beach and break wall are restricted. The marina is a private business and access to the docks is for members only. Fishing is permitted on the lake side only by boat – which can be launched from our property (launch fee applies).

Jordan Harbour – part of the Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority – does allow passive activities such as hiking, canoeing and fishing. Here is a link to their website: 

I was there a couple days ago and saw the access blocked, if you still have questions you should email the MNR about this, I’m pretty sure unless the marina paid to put those rocks there or are leasing that property it’s considered public and shouldn’t be denying access. I don’t know specifics about this exactly but forward the email you got from the marina, see what they tell you and please let us know

On 3/18/2021 at 12:18 PM, Jimmy9_1 said:

So where I circled, that is not permitted from shore? :blink:

What’s the dirt parking lot there for? Not sure if the hotel or launch owns that part of the lot but I’d be parking there and fishing the rock pile at the mouth of the harbor.   If someone has a problem with it tell them to shove it. 

35 minutes ago, Mattcrash said:

I think the main reason for the sign is For liability purposes if you get hurt fishing off the rocks The Marina can’t be held accountable

Liability can shut down any place they wish . ...Big bucks in law suits these days . 

Another problem , caused by anglers and others is the trash ,  both in the water and in the parking lot . Who is supposed to clean it up ? 

I posted this a while ago ....garbage dumped in front of the ship .....(snipped from picasa)

Tall ship garbage.PNG

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

Liability can shut down any place they wish . ...Big bucks in law suits these days . 

Another problem , caused by anglers and others is the trash ,  both in the water and in the parking lot . Who is supposed to clean it up ? 

I posted this a while ago ....garbage dumped in front of the ship .....(snipped from picasa)

Tall ship garbage.PNG

I agree that a good portion of this has to do with the trash, and I remember seeing a trash barrel near where the shore trail meets the lake rocks and its overflowing, been there many occasions and I wasnt sure who put that there or was responsible for it, but clearly one barrel wasnt enough

image.png

image.png

According to both the government of ontario and the town of lincoln the parking lot and the beach are not owned by the marina so it is public property. They can't give you an issue if you stay off the rocks.

I remember seeing the barrel full of trash ...at least it was being used . I should have mentioned that most of the garbage is deposited there by visitors , not anglers . Our world is full of slobs .

A cacher .....seems I heard that all those $$$  rocks there and Port Dalhousie marina were dumped ,compliments  from us taxpayers  . Our beautiful "Michigan Beach" was destroyed and taken over by the elite society  ....spent many summers there basking in the sun with the girlies....

While fishing as a pastime has become more popular during this c19 charade , they want to lock us up and shut down more fishing access ....strange world we have ....:dunno:

3 minutes ago, smerchly said:

I remember seeing the barrel full of trash ...at least it was being used . I should have mentioned that most of the garbage is deposited there by visitors , not anglers . Our world is full of slobs .

A cacher .....seems I heard that all those $$$  rocks there and Port Dalhousie marina were dumped ,compliments  from us taxpayers  . Our beautiful "Michigan Beach" was destroyed and taken over by the elite society  ....spent many summers there basking in the sun with the girlies....

While fishing as a pastime has become more popular during this c19 charade , they want to lock us up and shut down more fishing access ....strange world we have ....:dunno:

That's why I'm concern about any fishing in Port Dalhousie Harbour being permitted once the condos are up. Look at how much access has been unnecessary fenced off down there.

That was a nice little park with the pines , grass space , and benches for the "public" to enjoy . It was a beauty spot for anglers to catch many species of fish  , including the smelt dippers from the past .....

Maybe ,   if I can sell my house for a million or so  ,  I can buy one of those condos and fish from the balcony ....

3 hours ago, Mbocco said:

The problem is when your house is worth $1M the condos are worth double 

That’s why I bought one in Grimsby by the lake, nothing wrong with a good investment opportunity, plus my building wasn’t blocking any access to fishing areas 😁

My house was built in 1955 ....3 bedroom bungalow with hardwood floors & full basement  and lot size 50 x 150 , for $10,000 . I bought it in 1981 for 37,500 ....now worth over 10 times more . It's good for the city coffers tax wise but much more difficult for our young people to buy a house . On the other hand , we can't build new housing fast enough at $700,000 a pop with tiny lots . Lots of people with big bucks out there ....

Archived