where to get propane refill

Chrisb

Where is the best place to get a 20lb propane tank refilled in Welland, Port Colborne, Fonthill area? Every other store has an exchange, but I only need a refill. Refill should be cheaper than exchange, right? The last few times I have done the exchange because my tank was expired.

Free gas on Hwy 20 east of Fonthill is where I always go.

Costco is a great price, but Im not carrying a propane tank that far inside my vehicle just to save a few bucks.

There is a place in Welland on. Prince Charles and West Main, but he is more expensive than Free.

21 hours ago, Chrisb said:

Last time I went to the girl on Riverside by Pupos I think her price was the same as an exchange.

What is the going rate for a fill? I think it's about $24 for an exchange.

Best bang for your buck is costco. 

As of April 1 , the fools at Ottawa are upping the carbon taxes by another 33 % . The cost of propane , gasoline , natural gas , etc. will increase (every April 1) 

And those who foisted this upon us will be getting a nice raise to help cover the added costs .  

Those who get their propane at Costco .....fill up the gas tank too .

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 3:24 PM, Chrisb said:

price update. I did some checking today for a 20 pound BBQ tank

Prince Charles Drive at Riverside - $25

Prince Charles Drive at Lincoln beside Pioneer - $20

Freegas Fonthill - $17.

Don't forget to factor in price of gas to go get cheap propane. A friend keeps tryng to sell the Costco gas station to me.. Yes the price, with discounts, is cheaper than anywhere. Now factor in a 76km round trip. I saved nothing. Freegas would save me 3 bucks a tank after driving

1 hour ago, bigugli said:

Don't forget to factor in price of gas to go get cheap propane. A friend keeps tryng to sell the Costco gas station to me.. Yes the price, with discounts, is cheaper than anywhere. Now factor in a 76km round trip. I saved nothing. Freegas would save me 3 bucks a tank after driving

Yes , other factors come into play when buying petro etc from afar . But if you happen to be fishing nearby take your tank along .....B)

I usually buy my gasoline at Port Dal.since I fish there , my vet is close by , the beer store is there and Pete's Tackle just around the corner ...and they serve gas while I relax in my seat (cheap service for an extra 2 cents/liter).

Two thumbs up for Freegas. Took my tank for a fill. Guy came out filled the tank. Said office is closed, covid, phone and give them your card #. Don't have a cell phone, said I will call when I get home. No problem, see ya. I called a couple hours later after shopping and gave them my number, $17.01.

Propane prices have been fairly stable for a few years .

Gasoline is up and down like a yoyo ......We were fortunate to get gas for under a buck for a while .

Checking Gas Buddy today ....the highest price is $1.30.9 ....while oil is still just over $62 a barrel..... 

My bike runs on air .....hope they don't tax it ......

1 minute ago, smerchly said:

Propane prices have been fairly stable for a few years .

Gasoline is up and down like a yoyo ......We were fortunate to get gas for under a buck for a while .

Checking Gas Buddy today ....the highest price is $1.30.9 ....while oil is still just over $62 a barrel..... 

Smerch have you seen the price of air lately? $2.00 use to be able to fill your tires for $.25

5 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Smerch have you seen the price of air lately? $2.00 use to be able to fill your tires for $.25

Bought a mini compressor from Princess auto last week for that reason, and under 20 bucks

I have a 7 gal air pig ......always have 100 lbs. ready to go .I fill it with my tankless Campbell Hausfeld compressor which I've had for 15 years .....comes in handy for my bikes too . 

And yes , I pay tax on that air ....compressor uses electricity ......:glare:

20 hours ago, smerchly said:

Give the Supreme Ruler time, I am sure he will find a way with the new plans to meet the emissions standards for 2030.  Wait what plan?  It is just a goal to make himself look good.

14 hours ago, Chrisb said:

Used to be every gas station had free air.

I remember those days.  I also remember the number of times I would pull in and find the machine lacking parts.  Most stations will turn the air machine on for you if you filled your tank up.

5 hours ago, Snags said:

Give the Supreme Ruler time, I am sure he will find a way with the new plans to meet the emissions standards for 2030.  Wait what plan?  It is just a goal to make himself look good.

I remember those days.  I also remember the number of times I would pull in and find the machine lacking parts.  Most stations will turn the air machine on for you if you filled your tank up.

Snags , you're not old enough to remember the days when air was free (maybe for your tricycle) ...They would clean windshields and check your oil too .....all that for 29 cents per imperial gal .(4.54liters) 

After the manufacturing plants all move to China we will have the cleanest air on the planet,  and the new clean air tax ....and the Chinese will be born with masks on ...... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 7:32 PM, smerchly said:

After the manufacturing plants all move to China we will have the cleanest air on the planet,  and the new clean air tax ....and the Chinese will be born with masks on ...... 

paris.jpg