sports

smerchly

I don't watch any sports now except fishing related ..... ( the power of boycott)

I used to be a hockey fan ( go Bruins ! ) ,but over the years  Big bucks turned sports into a brutal "game" where the players use brute force instead of skill . The wimmins play better hockey today !  Now , sports has turned political . When I seen them "taking the knee" and pissing on their own countries flag .....time to say goodbye .  ....same goes for other "sports" . So I only watched the Olympic sports , until they found  crooked judges ,,,,,,  Soccer is a good game for the kids ....lots of good exercise ......but  "adult" soccer is now win at any cost  as well ....and become a multi millionaire ..

.....sent to me via email ......  typical soccer "pro"    (we use that word too freely)

soccer vac ..PNG

1 hour ago, genec said:

Bill, I love that cartoon...captures the true “wimp” reaction of the pro players!

HA !   And look at the size of that huge needle  !!!    :o

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I love baseball, football and hockey.............And in that order....................The New York Yankees are my team in  MLB................

When you are my age Tony , you will like watching golf , ping pong , darts , and lawn bowling ....   ^_^

On 3/29/2021 at 9:10 AM, smerchly said:

I don't watch any sports now except fishing related ..... ( the power of boycott)

I used to be a hockey fan ( go Bruins ! ) ,but over the years  Big bucks turned sports into a brutal "game" where the players use brute force instead of skill . The wimmins play better hockey today !  Now , sports has turned political . When I seen them "taking the knee" and pissing on their own countries flag .....time to say goodbye .  ....same goes for other "sports" . So I only watched the Olympic sports , until they found  crooked judges ,,,,,,  Soccer is a good game for the kids ....lots of good exercise ......but  "adult" soccer is now win at any cost  as well ....and become a multi millionaire ..

.....sent to me via email ......  typical soccer "pro"    (we use that word too freely)

soccer vac ..PNG

Soccer players are the absolute worst for taking a dive to draw a penalty, spread to hockey, there is a penalty now for embellishment 🤣

27 minutes ago, dave524 said:

Soccer players are the absolute worst for taking a dive to draw a penalty, spread to hockey, there is a penalty now for embellishment 🤣

NBA Basketball just might be worse 

The "sportmanship" has left the arena . It's "win at all costs" because they are paid  multi million dollar salaries now .  These guys are paid more than the best brain surgeon , scientist or lawyer ...A trained seal can toss a ball through a hoop ....

It's the violence and fake injuries , etc that has spoiled many sports ....and it reflects into our kids today . 

Back in the 50's two grade 8 boys had a 10 minute fist fight in the schoolyard .A teacher came out and told them to shake hands ,and they did .....then complimented each other for a good fight and became friends , with much respect for each other . Now we have the kick boxing where one can beat the opponent's face into pulp "after" he was kicked in the face and knocked down  ....and the kids copy this type of "fighting" . No more one on one ......6 on one is more common ....

Being an "elderly"  I have seen the escalating violence in the world.  

Maybe they put something in those vaccines to calm us down a tad ......?   Well , they gave us the weed to make us happy happy     :santa:

16 minutes ago, boogaloo said:

Are YOU "happy happy" Bill????????😂

Only when I have a fishing rod in my hand Daniel ....or  when I hear the supper bell ringing . 

A  Rikkard's Red in the hand perks me up a tad too !    :pardon:

Archived