Carp Case

smerchly

Just watched a few vids featuring carp carry cases ..... some nice ones  with several pockets for tackle  and baits ,etc. 

Most cases were made for 12 ' rods ,  but there's others for longer rods . They have room for keeping the reels on the rods too .

Now we can use 3 rods.....need a larger cases with stronger material to hold the extra weight .  I don't know of any place where they sell these .

Tyler ... can your case hold that extra rod ? Two rods is enough for me to handle ......so , is yours for sale now ???   :pardon:    haha 

I  found a nice 10' umbrella bag in my garage ....put 2 rods inside but the handles stick out the bottom .  :unsure:

But the bag keeps the reels clean !   I have no idea what a bag like yours costs , But I think the case would be the cat's ass to  wear over my shoulder  on my bike trips .

My rod case only holds two rods with the reels attached. My 3rd rod and spod rod I’ve just been taking the reels off and the rods fit in the case. Haven’t decided if I’m going to buy a 4 rod case or another 2 rod case. I’ve spent over 1500 in the last month on carp stuff so a bag and a new pod might have to wait till next month. 
I can look around for you for one someone might be getting rid of now. 
Looks like carpkit has them for 130-150 for a two rod case.  

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

My rod case only holds two rods with the reels attached. My 3rd rod and spod rod I’ve just been taking the reels off and the rods fit in the case. Haven’t decided if I’m going to buy a 4 rod case or another 2 rod case. I’ve spent over 1500 in the last month on carp stuff so a bag and a new pod might have to wait till next month. 
I can look around for you for one someone might be getting rid of now. 
Looks like carpkit has them for 130-150 for a two rod case.  

$150  is not much to spend on a 2 rod case if the quality is "average"  Cheap stuff tends to rip easy or the zippers fail ....I have 3 good hoodies with broken zips . I need to go light as possible as my shoulders are getting a little bony lately ....

2 hours ago, Bubba14 said:

Why is the "cat's ass" a good thing...

A person,thing or event to be held in high regard. From the meticulous treatment and devotional attention a feline bestowes on its hindquarters. Not in wide useage.
You look that good and can cook too? Damn if you ain't about the cats ass!

In polite terms ,   we call it the  "cat's meow "   

4 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:. I’ve spent over 1500 in the last month on carp stuff so a bag and a new pod might have to wait till next month. 

As someone raised by depression era parents who taught us to eat everything we catch, I just can’t get my head into spending that kind of money to catch inedible fish!!

Just the way I was raised!!

i know, its fun to catch things....just ???

I've gone over this with my wife ..... fishing can be very cheap ( rod -reel -line  hooks & sinkers . Lures like Rapalas are way overpriced , etc.  , depending on how much you fish & what fish you chase .Bank fishing with worms /minnows / corn etc can be very cheap . I like a feed of perch , eyes , pike , crappie , small channel cats etc. 

It's a shame most do not eat lake trout & salmon as the book says they are high in contaminants ? Yet we consume all kinds of chems in our food  ( gm )

Big fish like musky , carp , cats , big walleye are generally released ( they taste like an old shoe) 

It's like hunting to get your own meat ......  in both cases it's cheaper to buy fish and hamburg ...................  :Gonefishing: