Port maitland

Tyler0420

Looks like a good carp spot and nice set up .   Would the boaters be trolling for rainbows ? 

Are you using mono line on all reels Ty ? What's the line capacity on the large reels ?

I went to Port Dal. for gas , beer and pills for or dog,  Lots of trucks & trailers at the SCGFA  , some boats fishing the harbour.

Guys should only be fishing the river for catts n carp. Everything else is closed I believe. Especially trout, right to the edge of Lake Erie.  The guy in the pic was coming from the launch. 
I’d have to check the reels but I think line cap is 390m/.40mm,540m/.35mm 

3 of these coming soon. My shimano 14000 will be my spod reel. 

21FF9C55-1160-4F49-B61B-4EB837BEF4F9.png

Line will be two reels .40 mono and one 30lb braid. If there’s spare spools then probably more braid and some .35-.38 mono. 
that’s what I’m currently running also.  going to see what other guys are running before I pull the trigger

Your right Tyler the canal typically fishes better until it warms up a bit more.

That spot has produced numerous fish though and always a mixed bag even when trying to only catch carp, I always get  cats or sheephead taking the bait too.

Once the carp action heats up having 3 rods out is going to be pandemonium.

3 hours ago, rab546 said:

Your right Tyler the canal typically fishes better until it warms up a bit more.

That spot has produced numerous fish though and always a mixed bag even when trying to only catch carp, I always get  cats or sheephead taking the bait too.

Once the carp action heats up having 3 rods out is going to be pandemonium.

Ya 45-50 degrees that spot should start producing. Water was 41-42

2 hours ago, DNorton said:

I think with the 3 rod setups, you may see some bigger PB with more chum / lines in the water... one can only hope anyways.

I’m hoping for some pbs this season. Hopefully I’ll be living on the bank may-oct.  

Archived