Anyone seeing Crappies yet??

boogaloo

I have been checking some spots but nada where I've looked...........................Daniel

Seen one pulled out at GRT last week. Gone there a couple times in the last couple weeks and as steelshady said its been packed. I've been searching for other spots...

7 minutes ago, Ross said:

Seen one pulled out at GRT last week. Gone there a couple times in the last couple weeks and as steelshady said its been packed. I've been searching for other spots...

Those small spots like the GRT  will  be crammed with people as more are getting involved with the outdoors due to the restrictions we have been under the past year or so .  I just drive past those spots now and look for wide open spaces , or take my bike to get to other spots to fish . 

16 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Anyone fish the canals of lake simcoe for crappies? They should be starting to fill the canals any day now 

When I went north for crappies , like 50 years ago , we usually fished at Honey Harbour , also a good place for pike . I caught a larger crappie while trolling/casting  a 11cm Rapala .

55 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Those small spots like the GRT  will  be crammed with people as more are getting involved with the outdoors due to the restrictions we have been under the past year or so . 

Fishing is the one hobby that has that major con of more people getting involved... But it's always nice to see more (responsible) people out by the water, the more anglers the better. I'm hoping as the warm days become more common the traffic will spread out more throughout the week at some of the busier, more accessible spots.

Archived