Turkey Vulture

smerchly

I was just outside talking to my neighbour when we heard some commotion above us , only 2 feet over our house roof .....About 5 birds were chasing a very low flying turkey vulture . They circled and came back right over our heads and I could see they were doves chasing the vulture which had taken a  baby dove from their nest !  I have never seen a vulture take young birds from their nests !   

4 hours ago, smerchly said:

I was just outside talking to my neighbour when we heard some commotion above us , only 2 feet over our house roof .....About 5 birds were chasing a very low flying turkey vulture . They circled and came back right over our heads and I could see they were doves chasing the vulture which had taken a  baby dove from their nest !  I have never seen a vulture take young birds from their nests !   

Hmmm, if I had vultures circling my house Smerch I'd be concerned. Hopefully it's hanging around for your neighbour! Ha

It's amazing what can see if you are attuned to nature! That would be cool to witness. Poor baby dove, you don't want to end up as Vulture crap...not a dignified ending for sure!

4 hours ago, Surf and Turf said:

Hmmm, if I had vultures circling my house Smerch I'd be concerned. Hopefully it's hanging around for your neighbour! Ha

They have been eyeballing me the last couple years  ....   :unsure:   

I  wear my camo hat and keep on moving .....   

8 hours ago, мормышка said:

Opportunists. If its there, why not?

Shouldn't you be fishing on this fine day, Smerchly?

I would definitely be fishing , but my sciatica told me to cool it for a few more days .......soon M. soon !  :Gonefishing:

Archived