It’s a start

Tyler0420

On 5/7/2021 at 10:14 PM, Tyler0420 said:

That’s a good idea. Might have to try it out. 

I tried it today , used 10# test mono for the hair , loaded it to the hilt and used a 1/4" piece of dead weed stem about as thick as a toothpick . It worked good , the can corn didn't fall off after three tosses into 30 fow and 2 oz. of lead . You can load up the needle ahead and keep it in the corn container. 

On 5/8/2021 at 7:34 AM, Bubba14 said:

That's the way I tie my hair rigs but I don't make the hair that long, maybe I should start!

Scott ,  I made the hair about  1  1/4 " long and put about 8 pieces of can corn right to the end to help keep pressure against the stopper . ....very quick changes when I want to put fresh corn on every 20 -30 minutes .

I tried another new spot today , nice short grass with a small tree overhead for some shade, sitting in my chair  ..... and a tick decided to drop out of the tree and land on my neck !!  Was I Ticked !!  .....and didn't get a bite... (from a fish ) 

13 hours ago, smerchly said:

.and didn't get a bite... (from a fish ) 

I forgot to add ......talking to a guy near my age about fishing  both locally and northerly (for an hour)..... While my back was turned from my rods ,  my alarm suddenly screamed out loud (SOL) and the rod was bent like I hooked a submarine . I grabbed the rod and  my line looked like it snapped !  The rod was propped high on the bank and a gull flew into the line , then under the second line which was propped even higher , and luckily , it didn't tangle up in both lines....what a mess that would be ....!!  I left shortly after ....