Still o.k. to fish????

Tony

3 hours ago, Mbocco said:

Grimsby ramps are closed 

Which Grimsby ramps? I drove by the Beacon this morning at 515 and saw alot of boats and trailers in the parking lot . It was too dark to tell if that ramp was open or closed ? 

43 minutes ago, deetch said:

SCGAF ramp today was a total zoo. If that doesn’t get shut down soon I will be surprised.  I’m guessing at least 100 to 150 boat trailers this morning. People were everywhere 

That's a lot of boats Deetch !   Is the salmon derby on now ? If some ramps are closed the open ramps will be crowded . Maybe best to have them all open or all closed to spread it out more evenly ....

checking out the SCGFA web site ...all I can find is this ......

https://scgfa.ca/

1 hour ago, Darryl L said:

Which Grimsby ramps? I drove by the Beacon this morning at 515 and saw alot of boats and trailers in the parking lot . It was too dark to tell if that ramp was open or closed ? 

Forans and Lakecourt.  Public launch at 40 for kayaks and small boats still ok.  I’m going out tmr. 

15 minutes ago, tombo said:

How small? 17ft?

It’s pretty sketchy to launch a power boat there, even 17ft.  I’d only launch a kayak, canoe or a small tin boat with a small motor.  

Worse...the water levels are really low still. 

2 minutes ago, fishingking said:

the ticks are crazy everywhere...but not in the boat!

Watch out for the water fleas while in the boat !   :unsure:

I will have to pass on fishing a few spots from shore this year because the ticks are bad .

I heard (read) that hot sunny days will kill off many ticks .....I hope !

45 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Watch out for the water fleas while in the boat !   :unsure:

I will have to pass on fishing a few spots from shore this year because the ticks are bad .

I heard (read) that hot sunny days will kill off many ticks .....I hope !

I just sprayed my turkey hunting gear today....i went to get a spot set up and came home with 4 ticks on me....id just hate to give up hunting turkey now after 25 yrs....i enjoy the thrill of the hunt and now my 17 yr old daughter is hunting too ....but those little buggers creep me out...hopefully the spray will keepem away

23 minutes ago, fishingking said:

I just sprayed my turkey hunting gear today....i went to get a spot set up and came home with 4 ticks on me....id just hate to give up hunting turkey now after 25 yrs....i enjoy the thrill of the hunt and now my 17 yr old daughter is hunting too ....but those little buggers creep me out...hopefully the spray will keepem away

I have a friend who got lyme disease down here in Niagara a few years back. It scared the crap out of me. I dont really hunt turkey anymore as a result. Sitting in the bush (especially in spring) I'd find so many. Probably just paranoid but they scare the doo-doo out of me 

5 minutes ago, Darryl L said:

I have a friend who got lyme disease down here in Niagara a few years back. It scared the crap out of me. I dont really hunt turkey anymore as a result. Sitting in the bush (especially in spring) I'd find so many. Probably just paranoid but they scare the doo-doo out of me 

Dont blame ya...never said i was smart😂

4 hours ago, Mbocco said:

It’s pretty sketchy to launch a power boat there, even 17ft.  I’d only launch a kayak, canoe or a small tin boat with a small motor.  

Worse...the water levels are really low still. 

I launched my 17 foot fiberglass boat there last summer but trolling motored out till it got a bit deeper. You can do it no problem but if the water level is down I could see it being a pain. Also people need to learn how to park in that lot.  People don’t realize there’s a ramp there and half block the lane way to back your boat in. 

10 hours ago, Captain Hooksets said:

I launched my 17 foot fiberglass boat there last summer but trolling motored out till it got a bit deeper. You can do it no problem but if the water level is down I could see it being a pain. Also people need to learn how to park in that lot.  People don’t realize there’s a ramp there and half block the lane way to back your boat in. 

The lake is definitely lower this year then last. 

Well I just stability tested this new kayak.  Got caught out there in some big wind and waves.  People must have thought I have a death wish.  I got only a little wet and the boat was incredibly stable.  I was t far from my launch.  No fish but quite a workout coming back into the current and waves.   Home safe now. 

2 hours ago, Mbocco said:

Well I just stability tested this new kayak.  Got caught out there in some big wind and waves.  People must have thought I have a death wish.  I got only a little wet and the boat was incredibly stable.  I was t far from my launch.  No fish but quite a workout coming back into the current and waves.   Home safe now. 

Glad you made it back safe. It must be blowing good out there. Crazy wind here in Brampton and I’m roofing. I felt incredibly stable out on mine the other day. I don’t think these things flip. They’ve came along way. Can’t wait till the water warms up and I can do a flip and get back On test. 
Tuesday evening if you’re board I think I’ll be going out around 4:30/5:00 if you wanna meet up. 

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Glad you made it back safe. It must be blowing good out there. Crazy wind here in Brampton and I’m roofing. I felt incredibly stable out on mine the other day. I don’t think these things flip. They’ve came along way. Can’t wait till the water warms up and I can do a flip and get back On test. 
Tuesday evening if you’re board I think I’ll be going out around 4:30/5:00 if you wanna meet up. 

That might be tough.  I usually work until about then on Tuesday.  I’ll see how tmr goes. 

17 minutes ago, Mbocco said:

Looks like just targeting the out of towners. Doesn't mention anything about locals. 

46 minutes ago, Darryl L said:

Looks like just targeting the out of towners. Doesn't mention anything about locals. 

I would encourage everyone to stick to their local waters, no need of me going up North or folks coming down from TO and fish here.  Especially with the confusion that the government has created with regards to the rules and enforcement, we are almost at the end of this thing Folks....Had Covid back in January and getting my shot this Thursday.

1 hour ago, Darryl L said:

They probably closed the ganny to fishing just like they did last spring and these guys just fished it anyways.