Crappy crappie day...

Bubba14

Armed myself with a bunch of minnows today then the wife and I headed out to try to find some crappie. No such luck. Didn't even get a bite. To tell you the truth we really didn't put a lot of time in because of the wind. Tomorrow will hopefully be a little better, going to change gears and fish for something that may be a little more cooperative as I'll be taking my oldest grandson out.

Tight lines all and have a great, safe weekend.

Fridays are "fish'n chips " days ....that is , we pay someone to cook up the cod or haddock and chips for us .  ;)     The fish in the lake take a break and watch us shivering and wasting minnows.....

They can only hold out so long and will soon resume taking our bait again . I hope you and your grandson have some luck tomorrow .   Where you saw me last ,  was also dead today ,  not a bite !

12 minutes ago, мормышка said:

I'm going to try tomorrow, but recent weather probably turning them off.

I want to try deep water next , maybe the water temp.  doesn't change as fast as the shallow bays and ponds .

Got a spot to try about 2 km,north of the poutine shack.... :Gonefishing:  

I was fishing my local lake and found almost 7 degrees from the shallow bays to the main lake. Water temperature this time of year is key for crappie. Don’t waste time in areas that don’t produce. Crappie will hit if they are there. No hits in 10 minutes I move to another area until I find them. 

The recent flip in weather has messed things up. Went to a spot where I had great luck recently for perch and bullheads. Dead.  All I got was a 16" trout in 3 hours.

Archived