Aggressive Carp!

steellee

Nice bass ....gotta be a bass hitting a lure ............  :rolleyes:

Looks like a nice one Steellee ,  bet you thought you hooked a frisky steelie  the first minute or so....

When are you buying a carp rod ?   :D

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

Nice bass ....gotta be a bass hitting a lure ............  :rolleyes:

Looks like a nice one Steellee ,  bet you thought you hooked a frisky steelie  the first minute or so....

When are you buying a carp rod ?   :D

Do a bit of carping when the bows leave the creeks. Fun way to spend a relaxing few hours for me. I keep it pretty simple with a Y stick and can of corn haha. Seems to work for me...  Have way too much gear as it is to start building a carp collection.🤣

2 hours ago, steellee said:

Do a bit of carping when the bows leave the creeks. Fun way to spend a relaxing few hours for me. I keep it pretty simple with a Y stick and can of corn haha. Seems to work for me...  Have way too much gear as it is to start building a carp collection.🤣

There is no such thing as to much gear. 

I went out carp fishing today at Gibby and was a bust. Misread the wind, man was I cold. Lasted 2 hours. Had 2 big bites but missed them both, then finally hooked the 3rd one (decent sized carp) and got within 10 feet from shore and lost it. One of those days. 

25 minutes ago, Darryl L said:

I went out carp fishing today at Gibby and was a bust. Misread the wind, man was I cold. Lasted 2 hours. Had 2 big bites but missed them both, then finally hooked the 3rd one (decent sized carp) and got within 10 feet from shore and lost it. One of those days. 

Some action is better then none. I should be out a couple evenings this week. 

I tried a new spot today and found the "non aggressive" carp were ignoring me .... The water was about 8 ft. deep , a little brown and looked good for carp . ( I know they are there) !!

After 3 hrs of no bites , I left to check out another spot . Two separate guys fishing for carp and cats. One guy using 2 rods with worms ..... not legal with the new rules but I don't think the MNR  would bother.....(grace period) I spoke to him but he wasn''t the friendly type ...<_<

It was a great day to be out there .....a  beautiful red tail was hovering over me , then a vulture was eyeballing me for 5 minutes ( not much meat on my bones ), and left .

Nice to scratch the itch ....but when I got home the "itch" on my neck was another friggin tick !! 

They are there guys , keep an eye out ! 

Anyone use this hair rig alternative ?  Looks good when the bite is on and would be good for quick re-baiting .

I will make up a few and give it a go .

hair rig alt.PNG

23 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Doesn’t look too carp friendly. 

Exactly Tyler ..... both hooks inside a carps mouth isn't friendly  . It would help to pinch the barb on the baited hook to make it slide out easily .  

I use this method to catch other fish like bass , using a dew worm and small split shot ., and like wise with a worm harness and 3 way way rig 

That photo was "snipped" from a You Tube video about carp fishing .

I sent a reply to the video maker about using the double hook method ....waiting for a reply .

The hair rig was invented to minimize damage to the carps mouth ....something we should also consider with C.& R game fish ?   

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

I sent a reply to the video maker about using the double hook method ....waiting for a reply .

The hair rig was invented to minimize damage to the carps mouth ....something we should also consider with C.& R game fish ?   

Fish care should be top priority no matter the species.  Seems like it’s mostly practiced in carp fishing. Seen so many people kicking their steelhead out of the water rather then netting them. 

So many people don’t want to carry a net, especially fishing in the river when a hike is required...so they just step back and drag the fish onto the rocks.  

It’s probably not that big of a deal but I bring my net everywhere now and keep all my caught fish in the net in the water while dehooking and reviving. 

It was a chore taking my carp rods , back pack , chair and large rubber net through some thick tick infested brush . I always try to find a spot to lay the  net on top of some grass / weeds to keep the fish clean until  releasing it. 

We would like to see that fish released in good shape to catch again sometime ....

It looks like another week of below normal temperatures with lows at night near freezing ...was hoping to see water temps warm up to turn on the lights !    ☀️