Old tree stand

I went for a walk recently and came across this tree stand for deer , it looks like it’s been there for a number of years because the wooden ladder to get up there was in very rough shape . I also found a battery operated deer feeder close by and a lot of deer tracks and rubbing in the area .

31C674EF-9DB7-4845-BAE2-AA01A4984B2A.jpeg

EF8FAEC5-4976-4353-ADAB-4271FA94DBBE.jpeg

4 hours ago, Duncan said:

I went for a walk recently and came across this tree stand for deer , it looks like it’s been there for a number of years because the wooden ladder to get up there was in very rough shape . I also found a battery operated deer feeder close by and a lot of deer tracks and rubbing in the area .

31C674EF-9DB7-4845-BAE2-AA01A4984B2A.jpeg

EF8FAEC5-4976-4353-ADAB-4271FA94DBBE.jpeg

Did you have permission to be on the property or is it crown land? Some guys get really pissed if your tresspassing on their property ....and they could have your picture on trail camera too ...especially if they have feeders out there...idiots steal hunters stands ...cameras ..feeders all the time..its brutal when the gear cost so much money and random people help themselves to it....if its on crown land then its the hunters stupidity for leavin it out there really I.M.O.

Good looking deer woods, do you have any plans for food plots etc., yet? Maybe a new stand or two for sure by the sounds of that one!

On 5/3/2021 at 9:09 PM, Surf and Turf said:

Good looking deer woods, do you have any plans for food plots etc., yet? Maybe a new stand or two for sure by the sounds of that one!

I found a much nicer , newer stand yesterday while I was checking out the west corner of the property . The east corner had some Turkeys  in a field close to my tree line , the previous owner has told me there are turkey nests in the trees and lots of deer beds there ,but I have not really checked out that side of the  property  so I am not sure what I will find 

We hunted the property between you and the Park last November and every evening would see a group of deer, at least half a dozen or so, come out of your property into the field to feed. They would stay right in the middle out of the field, out of range from us. They would emerge fairly close to the front of your property, maybe a quarter of the way back,  

On 5/10/2021 at 6:43 AM, Surf and Turf said:

We hunted the property between you and the Park last November and every evening would see a group of deer, at least half a dozen or so, come out of your property into the field to feed. They would stay right in the middle out of the field, out of range from us. They would emerge fairly close to the front of your property, maybe a quarter of the way back,  

I found 2 more stands on either side of the property . This one faces a field towards Chippewa conservation and the other is a little further in from the unnasumed road allowance on the other side 

3B24E958-1A36-4A04-8A93-4FD9E2BF9CD3.jpeg

Looks like you are going to need to post your property so all these people know there is a new owner, and you don't want them on there any more if you're going to hunt it!

otherwise you are going to have continual trespasser problems come fall.

13 hours ago, Duncan said:

I found 2 more stands on either side of the property . This one faces a field towards Chippewa conservation and the other is a little further in from the unnasumed road allowance on the other side 

3B24E958-1A36-4A04-8A93-4FD9E2BF9CD3.jpeg

It doesn't look like we will be hunting that field this year. The son in law of the farmer who owns the land, decided that he now wants to hunt it exclusively. We already took down the two stands we had out there.

Two years ago my buddy's father was in a tree stand overlooking that field, a van pulls up on the road leading to the park and a guy proceeds to walk across the field up to the base of his stand and starts asking him about hunting etc., buddy's dad is pissed that interrupted his hunt but keep his cool, tells him he's on private property and just buggered up his hunt. He's carrying what appears to be a rifle, which the guy confirms and that he just drove down from Toronto and yes it is a rifle! He proceeds to tell him that it's shotgun only, the guy then says he has a shotgun in his van but no slugs and has the nerve to ask him if can have a couple of his! Now he tells the guy to screw off. The guy leaves, takes off in his van and comes back after 15 minutes and walks back towards to park. No way he had time to buy slugs so a call goes out to the MNR, telling them what happened and the guy is hunting in the park with a rifle. They said the would check it but don't believe that they ever did.

Buddy also found some little music players scattered around that area around the same time that played what sounded to be Arabic music. Was around the same time he found a double headed boomerang in the same field. If you find another one of those I wouldn't pick it up.