Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Was fishing the 16 off a private dock today and got 2 carp today that i have never seen before. They are jet black with a blueish reflection on the scales. Is it just a black common carp? i don't think it is one of the invasive ones but i am just not really sure what species it is. 

IMG_1423.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, A cacher said:

Was fishing the 16 off a private dock today and got 2 carp today that i have never seen before. They are jet black with a blueish reflection on the scales. Is it just a black common carp? i don't think it is one of the invasive ones but i am just not really sure what species it is. 

IMG_1423.png

Im thinkin its just a darker common...but i dont fish carp often so i may be wrong.the pointy tail kinda throws me off though..looks a bit different than your average common

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to pick peaches at the Troup farm and they had a couple of old cedar strip boats . After we finished our  day in the trees we would paddle the boat out there and see pods of carp with their mouth  open at the surface gasping for air in that warm shallow bay .  We didn't fish there , just "cruised" around looking at fish and turtles .....

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, smerchly said:

I used to pick peaches at the Troup farm and they had a couple of old cedar strip boats . After we finished our  day in the trees we would paddle the boat out there and see pods of carp with their mouth  open at the surface gasping for air in that warm shallow bay .  We didn't fish there , just "cruised" around looking at fish and turtles .....

Yep, I go in there everyday after there and the carp are always cruising around there. I have seen some monsters in there but I have yet to catch one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, A cacher said:

Yep, I go in there everyday after there and the carp are always cruising around there. I have seen some monsters in there but I have yet to catch one.

Looks like a nice spot you have there !   The 16 Mile was full of white perch as well as catfish and carp . There should be some good channel cats and  bowfin in there as well .. I haven't fished that side much but have caught some carp over 20 lbs at lake side.

 

When the lake level is higher than normal  the fishing is better at both the 15 and 16 as fish come in from the lake constantly .

Edited by smerchly
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...