to carp fishermen

gunner-2

Gunner where have you been?

it’s been in writing all year with anglers just finding out about it in March I think it was. This could be their first official announcement of it though. I know they were waiting todo that. 
I’ve had a double run already now waiting for a triple run :)

EDFA2E0D-ACCF-4F95-A63A-C3425D11004D.jpeg

645A1359-DEC2-4A07-8E3D-A814A70FBBE2.jpeg

7826AEA1-FD50-4239-875C-9598F0ACAD59.jpeg

54 minutes ago, gunner-2 said:

Been in lockdown lol i just got the email today i guess i just haven't been paying attention thanks for the clear up

Gunner ...did you think Tyler was  fishing illegally with 3 rods  ?   HAHA 

When I was fighting my monster carp I  kept looking at mt other rod and hoping it would be quiet !! 

With 3 rods going  off , the music would be nice , but  I would freak !!  It could get verrry messy  ...HA !   :o

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

Gunner ...did you think Tyler was  fishing illegally with 3 rods  ?   HAHA 

When I was fighting my monster carp I  kept looking at mt other rod and hoping it would be quiet !! 

With 3 rods going  off , the music would be nice , but  I would freak !!  It could get verrry messy  ...HA !   :o

I didn't even notice his 3 rods been so busy i can't get on very much lol.I can just picture you squirming with 3 fish on that would be some work for sure

4 minutes ago, gunner-2 said:

I didn't even notice his 3 rods been so busy i can't get on very much lol.I can just picture you squirming with 3 fish on that would be some work for sure

I caught the big carp where you and I fished for perch Mike . There's lots of bank room in case my other rod got a fish on . I lowered the tip into the water to keep the line on bottom while fighting the carp . 

If the bite is slow , 3 rods can help , using different baits and water depths . When the bite is on,  one rod will do . I'm sure things will happen that will end up in a tangled mess and possibly have 3 carp entwined and caught on a branch or snagged up in rocks  and have 3 limp lines left to reel in . 

Personally , I would rather see using only 2 rods for shore fishing ,any species .....like one rod with corn or shrimp etc. and one rod using a float for pike perch , etc. or just tossing a lure while waiting for the alarm bells to ring ....  :Gonefishing::Gonefishing:

My daughter just sent me a short video of a carp jumping near her dock at Weller's Bay , south shore near Consecon . I took a snip , trying to get a shot to see it better .  I'll tell her a can of corn is cheap !   B)

Wellers Bay Carp.jpg

21 hours ago, gunner-2 said:

just read the M.N.R news letter today we can use 3 rods for fishing for carp[only]

There are specifics around bait, so it isn't like you could put a worm on one, minnow on another, and corn on the third.

6 minutes ago, мормышка said:

Synthetic (concocted like dough ball?) / natural (corn) / live (worm)?

NOPES.

FishNCanada Article

In order to use more than one line, anglers must meet all of the following conditions:

• Anglers must use baits that are plant-based or artificial corn
  • When fishing from shore, each line being used can be no further than 2 metres (approximately 6 feet) from another line the angler is using
  • When fishing from a vessel, all lines must be on board the vessel with the angler.

14 minutes ago, Snags said:

There are specifics around bait, so it isn't like you could put a worm on one, minnow on another, and corn on the third.

Corn, boilies, bread etc. No dead or live bait.

15 minutes ago, мормышка said:

I would think they mean  3 rods within the 2 metres like this? 

maxresdefault.jpg

Tommy didn't you say you read the new regs....

I wouldn't like to see two anglers with 6 rods taking up 100 feet of shore space with lines spaced at 45*angles... , We need to keep the "lines" only a few degrees apart  , and at any distance preferred . 

Tomorrow is looking good for another carpscapade  , I can use corn , bread , worms , shrimp ,minnows or chicken liver !  Under the circumstances I'm going light as possible with a back pack,  folding chair and one rod .

Got some maize thawing out  as I think the gobies were terrorizing my can corn last time ....  

I also think it's time for a trip to the 12 Mile for some fast water action !     :Gonefishing:

To me 3 rods like in picture are too close to each other. I guess it depends on your rod holders. And with 3 you can have 24" are or 36" out from the middle rod.

I would fish with 2 at most anyway, but still would use the 6 ft available for spacing. 

How would CO measure for the 12 ft spread on 3 rods?

Hmmm this has me thinking now. Does it mean your rods can’t be more then 6’ apart or you lines In the water have to be within 6’ of each other.  It’s talking about lines not rods. 
when I fish I cast where ever and if anyone comes I’ll reel in and fish “my area”. 

When I tried 3 rods at a deep location , I had 2 different set ups for carp . 

One with a hair rig , egg sinker  and corn to my right about 50 ft.at 1 o'clock , rod at 15 degrees up

One with a bolt rig about 60 ' out at 12 o'clock ...15 degrees up...

One with a float with 1 oz.flat sinker on bottom  at 11 o'clock,  corn  & 40 ft  out with rod at 80 degree angle 

There are many ways to rig your spot , and I think they need to fine tune the rules . My  baits would be spaced about 20 ft. ....but it would be easy to use 100 ft.of bottom space .....and more with long casts .

I have already seen a guy using 2 rods , one with corn , one with worms ( which would be fine with me if we had a 2 rod rule)   

Looks like a fine day to razz some carp ..... some clouds and very warm (90^F)  :Gonefishing:

It was quite the day ,  lots of action and the carp were at the table waiting for my maize delight . I decided to take 2 rods since both needed to be rigged up with hair rigs , one with a loop hair and bolt rig ,other with hair and 1 oz, egg sinker 

The bite was steady , lots of bumps , one carp kept dropping the line for 5 minutes before it took off . All 7 fish were between 14 and 19 lbs ...two about 15 lbs fought long and hard for 10 minutes !  They were all very spunky today ! 

Then ,  I got a hard hit ...grabbed the rod and 5 seconds later the other rod went nuts peeling out line while the alarm screamed . I had to let it go while I fought the first one ,landed it , dropped the net on the pad , then grabbed the other rod to see if the carp was still there ....it was ,about 100' to the right close to shore . I had to flip my bail and carry it to the pad & set it beside the other carp ...both about 15 lbs + or - a few ounces . 

Well I didn't have a heart attack or doo-doo myself ......   :pardon:

It was getting hot by 1  pm  ,  I  baited up one rod and it went off in 5 minutes ....landed it and immediately said ..." Time to go"  They were still biting very well .  I was using maize/pineapple corn only and chummed with it every 30-40 minutes . I think the chum (about a cup at a time) really brought them in and close to shore in about 6-7 fow. Saw a few big jumpers ...

Some shots ...one a video clip of da smerch holding a 14 lb.carp and the 2 carp caught 10 minutes apart ( pandemonium)  another carp has a smaller rounded head , not a Buffalo but a little different . It was one hell of a day and gave my arms a workout !

Carp vid clip.PNG

double trouble carp.PNG

round nose carp.PNG

hair rig, maize.PNG