More Spots Gone ...

smerchly

I got my carp gear out today & headed to Port Dal., east pier . There is no parking space so I went into the marina which was crammed with vehicles , many are cleaning and enjoying their boats . I managed to squeeze into a spot by the harbour at the lighthouse & off I went to fish a spot where I have seen some big carp over the years.

The midges were thick ! ...like a cloud hovering over my head . As I walked out past the marina I realized my nice spot was gone ! They dumped huge rocks all along the pier's edge and all the spots are non fishable for this angler .I thought they were going to drive the steel plates there like the rest of the piers...Needless to say, the carp fishing is gone .

The east pier appears to be wider & higher and the current is faster in the harbour ., seems to be plenty of flow from the 12 Mile system ! On the way out I saw the SCGFA parking lots on both sides of the road were crammed solid with vehicles . ..lots of boats out there !  

Took a few shots as I said goodbye to more spots I used to fish .....

first shot ....a look at the rocks where I was looking to fish

second ....look closely ,zoom in , and see the clouds of bugs !

third.......spot where I "was" going to fish ,now filled in with rocks...

fourth....parking lot across the road from SCGFA ..... 

East pier rocks.jpg

Pier Midges.jpg

Pier spot gone.jpg

SCGFA parking lot.jpg

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Death rocks. Definitely not fun to fish off. 

For true ,  try landing a 40 lb.fish and carrying it to the cement pier !  Better to come in by boat and anchor there .Those big boulders do nothing to enhance those piers ! 

I came home with a case of Rickard's Red .....B)

....next trip , either do the 12 , or try Jordan again . (weather and wind dependent)   :Gonefishing:

Soooo ,  fish for supper today !!  Strange looking fish with 3 dorsal fins and a prominent black line  on the sides ...... soooo  good !   :wub:

Haddock.PNG

1 hour ago, мормышка said:

Crazy. The plan seems to be to discourage fishing. Wait until boats start to line up the channel.

I think there will be more boats everywhere as more people are buying boats now . The channel looks faster than normal , so boats will need to be secured well . Shore fishing doesn't bring the bucks in like the big boats do ...

My good neighbour just brought us some nice juicy Minor Bro. perch and fries  ($18/lb).......life is good  ! .......  :santa: 

2 hours ago, steelshady said:

Wait until someone gets hurt on those rocks fishing, the will post no fishing signs on the piers!

Only if someone wants to make a big deal out of it.  Those rocks are around many lake structures to protect from erosion, you want to block off access there you will need to shut down most of the lake front trails as well.

35 minutes ago, Snags said:

Only if someone wants to make a big deal out of it.  Those rocks are around many lake structures to protect from erosion, you want to block off access there you will need to shut down most of the lake front trails as well.

Most rocks around lakes are much smaller and walkable ...a little hard on my ankles but doable .

In a way those huge ugly boulders  (cheap way out) can save someone from stepping off the wall into the lake ....

and just bust a head open .....  

I'll take my chances with the wall any day .