12hr carp session

Tyler0420

Got to the swim this morning at 4:00am for a 5am start time. I’m fishing a 12hr challenge series with “CANADIAN CARP SOCIETY”. 30 guys competing 1vs1 style the winner moves on. You can fish anywhere you want. Video the fish being weighed and sent it to the official. 4 heaviest fish count.  Started of slow then bang a double header and another one shortly after.   I believe I’m ahead 7lbs right now. Beautiful morning so glad I’m not working. 

D099A953-84F7-46BA-8BA5-18E7CBABECF6.jpeg

7D67FBDE-D9F3-4D4B-8F02-16A10B39491D.jpeg

Beauties Tyler  !   I  should get out earlier while it's cooler .  They seem to be on steroids this time of the year ,  full of P.& Vinegar !!   Best of luck to you , I hope you win this event !   :Gonefishing:

3 hours ago, DNorton said:

Goodluck Tyler!! Next time when I’m not In a mad panic I won’t go ripping by. Still feel really bad about that. Maybe you will get some good karma outta it. 

No prob Norton. Better then seeing you at the bottom of the harbor like these two idiots that just sank their sportspal.  Fishing has been unreal today. 3-4 fish in the net or sling all day pretty much I can’t make a video and weigh them before another rod goes off.   Had 4 in my net and had to pull the rods out so I could deal with the fish I had.  Kayakers/canoes crashing my lines all day. Had one girl get tangled up in my lines and when reeling one in the other one goes off.  Strong south/west wind today. 

Wow !!  They must like your baits Tyler !  I have a hard time handling 2 rods going off  and trying to keep the fish I'm fighting away from the other line that is peeling off more line !

Some of those yakkers and canoeists don't have a clue ! They see your rods and line and haven't got any sense to go around your lines , and of course spooking the fish !  When I see them coming I reel in a line and toss it out 100' in front of them to let them know  " I'M FISHING HERE "  !!!  But some still don't get it !  

I hope you have lots of 20lb + carp to register .... You will need plenty of rest soon ....haha 

27 minutes ago, DNorton said:

How did your match end Tyler ? On to the next round ? 

The official totals haven’t been counted yet but I think I took the match. 
An absolute epic day. That was harder then 12 hours at work. I’m cooked and my arms feel like their going to fall off. Last ten min of the match rod goes of and this thing will not come in.  what do you know another rods goes off. Lost that one because the one I had would not come in.  It ended up being the biggest fish of the day at 24lb 5oz and MY NEW PB. Had a ton of fun fishing against John from the “angler files”(YouTube) he was on fish most the day also. 

AC2F7E52-AC6B-4A64-A457-3A041E903692.jpeg

BB851C8C-D426-49F1-9F15-5C3F172D2CBC.jpeg

Congrats Tyler , on both your pb carp and the upcoming results with you in the lead !  That carp looks like she's ready to start a family (big one) !   I have caught my fish at about 11 oclock from your rods , a steep drop off .  I put towels under my reels  as some sand may get into them or a big one pulls the rod  forward  a foot or two .  I hope those carp were as vigorous as they were for me ! I have to give my elbows a few days rest to "reset" . I use those flat smooth stones to sharpen my hooks ,have a couple in my back pack . Good to see you had a very memorial day !!  :Gonefishing:

Water seems really low in the harbour this year. I cruised through there and was marking fish but only at 4’ deep which I found to be a bit crazy. Sounds like a great session though! Do you have a link to this carp tournament. Would love to follow the action. 

1 hour ago, DNorton said:

Water seems really low in the harbour this year. I cruised through there and was marking fish but only at 4’ deep which I found to be a bit crazy. Sounds like a great session though! Do you have a link to this carp tournament. Would love to follow the action. 

I saw a boat come in with a 115 on it......passed by me slowly ,then booted it across that shallow bay . The prop would leave grooves on the bottom !   Some of the larger boats come there to fish for cats and some pan fish.  I would have my motor on tilt on that bay . Water is down at least a foot .

3 hours ago, DNorton said:

It’s Canadian carp society. It’s a paid membership so not sure if you can follow it without being a member. Check the site out or even you tube to see what it’s about.  

2 hours ago, DNorton said:

Jordan harbour 

Once a great bass spot  ....Over the years lots of silt from farm runoff made the water shallower ,  There is very limited shore spots  , hence there will be many more boats , canoes ,yaks and seadoos etc.  I need to get my canoe on the water as shore spots will be scarce . (Carpers need lots of elbow space for those long 100 yd.runs)  

They do not allow outboard (gas motors) to launch at the "conservation park" ramp , ...but no problem if you enter from the lake .  Maybe they should keep the harbour side gas free , it would be nice.

6 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Once a great bass spot 

Do you think i could still try to target bass or pike in there? After always going for cats and carp I would like to start using artificials again and I am trying to scope out some good spots that are close to me.

2 minutes ago, Lukefish99 said:

Do you think i could still try to target bass or pike in there? After always going for cats and carp I would like to start using artificials again and I am trying to scope out some good spots that are close to me.

I haven't seen many targeting bass over the years ,  but of course bass can come in from the lake to spawn ,same with pike .....and carp .  I have tossed lures and picked up the odd bass , drum , pike , cat ....It's very shallow and  muddy water ....prime for cats and carp mostly.

Congrats Tyler . I know you worked hard to get  that 93 lbs. of monster carp . That's over 23 lb.average !!  I remember hooking a carp with a lure at that spot while in my 16' alum. freighter canoe , and it pulled my canoe at a nice trolling speed ...the hook let go after a few (miles)  :rolleyes: 

Give your arms a rest , and go back there to get some practice for the next session .  :Gonefishing: 

.....and may I add ....I went to the web site after watching the video and the first thing I saw was their motto for keeping our swims CLEAN  !  Most dedicated carp anglers detest garbage left at our fishing holes ....as well as show respect for the fish we caught & released unharmed .  My carp mentor , Lorne (hammercarp) Morley detested the morons who leave their trash .  Good to see this on their web page . This should be on the front cover of the fishing regs !! 

Zero Garbage.PNG