Anyone know of a good marina?

Does anyone know of a good marina for service?

I tell you getting service is next to impossible during COVID. I ordered a swim platform from Dewildt in Hamilton over the winter and said let me know when it comes in and I will bring my boat over to have them install it. It arrived on April 6th and I called April 20th to get an app't to get it installed - I left them 2 VM's and 3 emails and they just went dead. I finally called and spoke to someone and they gave me an install date of June 1st.......I dropped it off that morning at 10AM and as of yet it is still not done. I decided to call EOB Wednesday and if it is still not done I will just pick up my boat and they can keep the platform (I have not paid for it yet).

Just as I suspected.......I called Wednesday at 3:30 to get an update and I was on hold for 15 minutes and was disconnected. I called back and finally spoke to someone in service only to tell me that they can probably get it down late next week! I told them just to forget it and just bring my boat around to the front I am on my way to pick it up.

I swear these guys would not know service if it latched on their leg and started humping.  

That's not the way to run a business , covid or no covid . They have had a hard time getting supplies ,etc. and many went broke , but some cause their own demise by treating customers badly ... NOT good for their business . 

I took my boat to Caulotti Marine Inc. to get the throttle fixed .....recommended by a friend.  He's a way out in the boonies off Sodom Rd.and had my boat back in a week .(bad weather ,would have been sooner)

Its not just Covid causing these kinds of problems!

I had similar lousy service issues with Pt. Colborne Marine, and finally gave up on them and, based on recommendations by members on this web site, went to Erie Marine.  Had 2 different boats worked on by John there, and he gave great prompt service!!

On 6/10/2021 at 8:46 AM, 410001661 said:

Does anyone know of a good marina for service?

I tell you getting service is next to impossible during COVID. I ordered a swim platform from Dewildt in Hamilton over the winter and said let me know when it comes in and I will bring my boat over to have them install it. It arrived on April 6th and I called April 20th to get an app't to get it installed - I left them 2 VM's and 3 emails and they just went dead. I finally called and spoke to someone and they gave me an install date of June 1st.......I dropped it off that morning at 10AM and as of yet it is still not done. I decided to call EOB Wednesday and if it is still not done I will just pick up my boat and they can keep the platform (I have not paid for it yet).

Just as I suspected.......I called Wednesday at 3:30 to get an update and I was on hold for 15 minutes and was disconnected. I called back and finally spoke to someone in service only to tell me that they can probably get it down late next week! I told them just to forget it and just bring my boat around to the front I am on my way to pick it up.

I swear these guys would not know service if it latched on their leg and started humping.  

Yea, that would be frustrating for sure. Unfortunately you might be in for quite a wait this time of year. You could try Mobile Marine in Grimsby, Mike Swartz, they are straight shooters and very accommodating. 1 (905) 945-4994

On 6/12/2021 at 5:36 PM, Captain Hooksets said:

I only deal with bay city marine in Hamilton. Dewildt Honda is a joke…..wouldn’t even order a part for pick up from them.  At this time of year most repair shops are busy….

I understand they are busy but when I call mid April and I book a time to drop it off in June I do not expect them to keep it for almost 2 weeks and then tell 'should' get to it by the end of the following week.  

1 hour ago, 410001661 said:

I understand they are busy but when I call mid April and I book a time to drop it off in June I do not expect them to keep it for almost 2 weeks and then tell 'should' get to it by the end of the following week.  

How did you make out with some of the options that you were given here, following your request for a good marina?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help guys.  I went to Bay City Marine on the Tuesday before Canada Day weekend and Deb showed me a nice swim platform ladder and said they can install it after the weekend.  She told me to bring it in on Monday (today) and I was there at 8:30AM and it was done by 3PM!  They did an amazing job - now that is the difference service makes.  

Swim Platform.jpg